Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm going to rip my hair out

2 posters

Go down

I'm going to rip my hair out Empty I'm going to rip my hair out

Post by jmetz4 Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:27 am

Connor is that spoiled. He is usually great during the day. But especially recently at night he is driving me to the point where I don't care anymore. Chris and I have co-slept with him since he was born. We don't really mind. When he got older and started sleeping in a toddler bed (18 ish months) he would sleep in his bed for about 4 hours than end up in our bed. As he has gotten older we have stretched that. I still don't mind co-sleeping. But he screams constantly it seems. He goes to bed around 8 and has started waking up around 10. It's become a killer to get him back to sleep. Around 12 I usually give in and ask if he wants to come in our bed. But he won't tell me. He just screams. He doesn't want a blanket, but instead of saying no blanket, he screams for a good 5 minutes first. I am so close to just letting him cry it out. I hate to hear him cry but damnit I am to the breaking point. It doesn't help that as soon as he makes a noise my mom is down here and trying to baby him in a matter of seconds. So I have had to start full out yelling at her everytime she comes down in the middle of the night. Freakout He kept getting mad at me (I know he understands when I ask things and knows how to respond. This is pretty new behavior) so I stuck his but back in his own bed. He has stopped screaming for now. sigh
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

I'm going to rip my hair out Empty Re: I'm going to rip my hair out

Post by Tate Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:04 am

I think there is always a moment like this in parenting. This is where you have to show HIM YOUR the boss and not the other way around. He KNOWS if he screams and cries either you or your mother will come to him. Tell your mom to not bother him that you are just going to let him cry it out. Every mom hates when it gets to this point but something has to give and it needs to be YOU showing him that your the boss.

hugs hang in there!
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:03 am

Well he ended up in my bed last night but everytime he threw a fit because of something random (mainly when I tried to cover myself with the blanket) I put him back in his bed. I am going to work more on him sleeping in his own bed this week. I had no energy after work last night. He used to sleep in his own bed till around 4am. That was nice. Gave Chris and I plenty of time to I'm going to rip my hair out 523146 . If Connor continues to want to come into bed at 10-12ish than we're never gonna have time lol
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm

lol Well...at least you won't be having any more kids while he is sleeping in your bed lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:05 pm

That's what I would tell Chris everytime Connor would wake up when we were getting in the mood lol He doesn't want a little sibling. Won't even let us practice
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down