Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullying

5 posters

Go down

Bullying Empty Bullying

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:57 pm

I posted this on facebook the other day. It's a video clip from Ellen DeGeneres about bullying. ---> click here < ---

I can't believe how bad this has become. I remember in high school [I only graduate 2 years ago] that there was some bullying, mainly emotion, with the occasional fight. My sophomore year, I used to dread going to my history class because of these 2 girls. They made my whole year hell, just because.. Never even spoke to them before that class. Was there ever a time in school/life that you were ever bullied??

Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Bullying Empty Re: Bullying

Post by Liz Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 pm

In elementary school I was, well, a nerd. This group of girls were always really mean to me, but it's funny now because they called me things that they didn't even know the meaning of. Like calling me a slut...um, I was 10 and had never kissed a boy! And saying I had a metal plate in my head, so they would always make beeping noises when I walked by. I still don't get that. lol All thise girls now have amounted to nothing, and are burnouts. It's kind of funny.

I am scared to send Rosemary to school. I can't imagine how bad things are now.
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:34 pm

My mom pulled my brother out of our hometown school and sent him to the small county school. He went from a class of 300+ to a class of 40. He was 'jumped' for his ipod. They bruised his ribs, blackened both of his eyes, and almost broke his nose. After that I lost all hope for most of the youth.

When we have kids, they will either go to a small county school or I will be homeschooling them. They will have plenty of interaction with other kids their age through church and such. I don't think I could bring myself to sending them out in this cruel world.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:37 pm

We are set on private school. I really would love to homeschool, but I won't win that fight with my husband.

I don't know what we will do if my husband gets picked up for his commissioning program. We would be in San Antonio for 18 months, then San Dieso for a year right when Rosemary would be starting school. They both have awful schools. I really think I would stay here or go home to MN and send her to the Catholic school I went to.
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Maybe you could win the fight if you guys are down there! Maybe he'll see how bad they are!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:54 pm

I was never bullied. Reese will be going to public school...I think another thing that goes along with it is the fact some kids just put up with it. You could easily go and talk to the principal about changing classes etc if you needed too.

Reese will be going to a public school. He will do fine though...I think teaching your kids how to deal is another big part of how to deal with bullying as well.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Talking to a principle usually makes it worse, at least with my experience it did. Kids are just down right mean. Maybe in smaller towns its better, but in bigger cities it's awful.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Yeah I went to school in a town of 6,000 people...we have one of those everyone knows everyone type schools. If a kid went home and told their parent so and so was bulling them that parent would go straight to the other kids parent lol so I don't know.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:23 pm

When I was a kid, our town was little, but not any more. Things are getting bad. Sending her to private school is a matter of principle for us. I want her to be able to have religion in school. It seems like now if you bring up religion in public school you get in trouble.
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:01 pm

I agree.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:11 pm

I went to a large public school. Our district had over 50 elementary schools, about 40 middle schools, and roughly 20 high schools.

I was bullied all through my years. I was either "smart", "nerdy", "hippy", "short", "white", etc. It sucked. It's one of the reasons I won't be moving back. The education sucked, and the teachers babysit a class of 45 and the smart ones get the short end of the stick.

Like Kala said, talking to a principal is just going to get your ass beat harder. We had metal detectors, people brought guns to school, we were on lockdown at least twice from 9th-12th due to weapons. Riots, weed, etc...

We now live in a smaller town with ONE high school. So far, it seems to be an excellent school system. If I had to homeschool, I'd do it while they were younger so they still get to experience high school. We shall see!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Smaller towns, with smaller classes seem to help things.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:21 pm

Oh ya. It's more personal. I know a few people at the elementary school here so it seems like Wesson will be quite alright when that time comes about.

Kids are NASTY these days. They really are. The younger generation is dumber and more rude.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:23 pm

It's awful. I can't stand most of the younger generation! Like Wes' younger siblings are assholes. I don't like being around them. They're in high school so that is part of their problem [they have the I'm cooler than you, I'm just going to look at you stupidly when you talk to me attitude].
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Oh ya. My sister is a senior. I'm TERRIFIED to see her become an adult. She has NO CLUE how the world works. All she knows is the fancy Aeropostale clothes she buys...aka...blows her entire paycheck on.

Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:42 pm

yes I hate that! Or like when you buy something really nice/expensive for them the just say "Oh, nice." and throw it behind them. Irked They don't appreciate the value of things. They will have a rude awakening when they aren't living with mommy and daddy!!!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:56 am

I had a short period where I was bullied too.... but I got to high school and actually became fairly popular .... it's usually short-lived for everyone but you just got to survive it. It's scary in general because some kids just are strong enough to get through it, or they don't have a good enough support system at home to help them through it.
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:51 am

LMAO I must have lived under a rock (aka small town). Either that or I'm one tough cookie and didn't let things like that bother me lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:02 pm

The elementary school on base is right across the field from us. I was leaving for class this morning and these kids were walking by. I could not believe their mouths! Mother-f'er this and f-that. Crazy!
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:22 pm

LMAO true that...kids mouths are TERRIBLE...but that because cussing has become part of the language it seems. We don't even allow Reese to say shut up lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Neither do I! I hate when kids say that! I even hate when my husband says it! It just seems so insulting to me. Not when you are saying it like "No way" but when you are saying it like "shut your mouth."
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:27 pm

I HATE when John says it to Reese...Oh I want to slap him silly. He is working on it...I tell him all the time "there are better ways to tell someone to hush up" fryingpan
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:28 pm

I can't believe that kids today use the language that they do. I didn't swear until after highschool. Bullying 991906
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:57 pm

I had a really, really bad mouth when I was at Lejeune. I mean come on, I was around Marines all day. lol It's better now though. Even my husband is not as bad. But were also in our late twenties, not eight! If Rosemary ever talks like that she'll get popped in the mouth!
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum