Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling all Parents!

+6
jmetz4
joeyswife3108
Hope
Jeannette
Tate
LaDonna
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Calling all Parents! Empty Calling all Parents!

Post by LaDonna Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Hey everyone!

I'd like to start an on-going thread that I will update with everyone's kids, based on gender, age, even parenting style!

I think it would be a great way for us to connect to one another, possibly seek out or offer advice for certain stages, or just get some support from people who are in the same situation! I've also added an option to add obstacles you are overcoming involving parenting.... this could be, being a single parent, or even learning disabilities. The important thing to know is that you are most definitely NOT alone... we are all here for each other!

If you'd like to add your child, please provide the following:

Your name:
Your age:
Child/Children:
Ages:
Genders:
Parenting Styles:
Obstacles:

If you'd like to suggest other items that would be helpful to know about each other, I'm all ears! Very Happy
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Calling all Parents! Empty Re: Calling all Parents!

Post by LaDonna Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:00 pm

I'll start!

Your name: LaDonna
Your age: 28 - eek!
Child/Children: Mackenzie Layne
Ages: 2
Genders: Female

Parenting Styles: working mom, kind of a mixture of attached parenting and traditional... we occasionally co-sleep, rarely cry it out, etc.

Obstacles: N/A - at the present.
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:03 pm

Your name: Tate
Your age: 20 (I'll be 21 on the 27 Woot )
Child/Children: Reese
Ages: 3
Genders: Male

Parenting Styles: "Spare the rod spoil the child" I think thats my moto. I'm not afraid to spank my child when he needs it. I also love him to death and smoother him in kisses. He sleeps in his own bed so no co- sleeping here. And we also do the spoil rotten method...hes spoiled rotten lol

Last edited by Tate on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Your name: Jeannette
Your age: 22
Child/Children: Wesson Leonard
Ages: 8 months!

Parenting Styles: I'm a working mom too. I'm a tough-cookie with a soft heart. He cries it out in his crib for nighttime but then at 4am when he gets up, I bring him in my bed to cuddle him back to bed for another hour of sleep! I'm the bad cop, my husband is the good cop. I'll be the full blood disciplinarian when he gets older. lol

Obstacles: Figuring out good finger foods for him. Having trouble transitioning from formula/baby food to more adult food. He currently loves mac and cheese but I'm running out of good ideas! Lately he's been fighting to stay up later and later. He's going to bed at 8 but not "going" to bed until 10. Calling all Parents! 514603

Last edited by Jeannette on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot some stuff.)
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:05 pm

Tate wrote:Your name: Tate
Your age: 20 (I'll be 21 on the 27 Woot )
Child/Children: Reese
Ages: 3

Parenting Styles: "Spare the rod spoil the child" I think thats my moto. I'm not afraid to spank my child when he needs it. I also love him to death and smoother him in kisses. He sleeps in his own bed so no co- sleeping here. And we also do the spoil rotten method...hes spoiled rotten lol

I'm with you on the spoiling thing! You should see Mackenzie's playroom! giggle
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Exactly...Reese has 6 SETS of grandparents and they LOVE getting him toys. I am bad about buying him clothes. Hes rotten...rotten I tell you.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Your name: Hope
Your age: 24
Child/Children: Christian
Ages: 7
Parenting Styles: Traditional Southern (big on values, respect/manners, discipline, church) Very close knit family.
Obstacles: ADHD. I have it too so that helps in understanding some of the behavior. No obstacles really though, he's a good kid.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Hope wrote:Your name: Hope
Child/Children: Christian
Ages: 7
Parenting Styles: Traditional Southern (big on values, respect/manners, discipline, church) Very close knit family.
Obstacles: ADHD. I have it too so that helps in understanding some of the behavior. No obstacles really though, he's a good kid.

I whole-heartedly agree! He is sooooo well behaved!
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:26 pm

bump for the newbies!
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyswife3108 Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Your name: Katie
Your age: 21
Child/Children: Lilliana
Ages: Still cooking Smile 21wks prego
Genders: Female
Parenting Styles: Going to be very family oriented, manners, respect, discipline. And Church.
Obstacles: Don't know yet
joeyswife3108
joeyswife3108

http://www.myspace.com/mrslabonte

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Your name:Julia
Your age: 22
Child/Children: Connor
Parenting Styles: Umm... Pretty relaxed? I guess I am more towards what I think of as attachment parenting. I think
Obstacles: Nothing yet (*knocks on wood*)
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Your name:jennifer
Your age: 29
Child/Children:Brooklynn, Clinton, Brianna
Ages:7,9,8
Genders:2 females and 1 male
Parenting Styles:
Obstacles:Brooklynn is disabled and thats a challenge somedays because she doesnt understand certain things

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:37 pm

Your name: Shauna
Child/Children: Adrian
Ages: 4 1/2 months
Parenting Styles:
Obstacles: None so far except the child is up every 2 to 3 hours at night. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:58 pm

welcome new parents!!!!
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:21 pm

BUMP for the newbies! Smile
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by crysty1e Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Your name: Crystal
Your age: 25
Child/Children: Lainey(SD), Brayden(S), Cody(SS), Natalee(D)
Ages: 5, 4, 4, and 5 months
Genders: Female, Male, Male, Female
Parenting Styles: I'm a working mother. Dad is stay at home. I am also in school as well. I did the cry it out method like Jeanette with Brayden when he was a baby for going to sleep, and then came to his rescue if he work up at night, which was hardly ever. Natalee on the other hand is still sleeping in her swing, because DH wont help me transition to her crib at night when I have to work and go to school the next day.
Obstacles: Mixing the two families together, DH spoiling baby Natalee
crysty1e
crysty1e

http://www.cmzutz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Crystal!! So which kids are yours and which are your husbands? am I understanding that correctly - guessing from your obstacles? are all of you living together permanently or are some kids temporary custody? Sorry for so many questions! Just trying to get to know you!!! hugs

Sounds like the Brady Bunch! LMAO
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiNicole Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Your name: Jessi
Child/Children: Ashton
Ages: 9 months
Genders: Boy

Parenting Styles: He's rotten. Spoiled. Rotten. It was totally out of my control. Lol. I'm a working mom, so it's kind of a mixed parenting style. I just "do" more than anything. I won't be afraid to spank him, but I love on him more than anything, even now he knows what NO means (not that he listens all the time, but soemtimes) I'll be pretty liberal on some things, and strict on others. I think my "parenting style" depends on the subject

Obstacles: Getting him to sleep through the night. We're still getting up 2 or 3 times to feed. No No Bueno for mama! Getting him to eat things that ARENT finger foods... he still doesn't have enough to chew real food so his foods have to be soft but there's only SO many finger foods and thats all he wants! That doesn't make for a alanced diet! Theres no veggies there! not many fruits! gah... mostly though, sleeping throught the night.
JessiNicole
JessiNicole

http://milotown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Your name:Shaunna
Child/Children: Rylann Nicole aka RooRoo and Alaynna Marie aka Lainey bug
Genders: Females
Parenting Styles: ... Traditional, I use the time out method and cry out method. Take it as it comes. I focus a lot on learning by experiencing or in song...we always sing lol. I'm a big explainer...I explain EVERYTHING....
Obstacles: Twins were preemie so they are delayed in speech but not attitude!! Heck of a first year catching them up! Right now waiting til they are ready for potty training. Not pushing it though just slowly letting them grasp the concept. Also the tantrums haven't found a good way of teaching the twins to express themselves...
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:20 pm

JessiNicole wrote:Your name: Jessi
Child/Children: Ashton
Ages: 9 months
Genders: Boy

Parenting Styles: He's rotten. Spoiled. Rotten. It was totally out of my control. Lol. I'm a working mom, so it's kind of a mixed parenting style. I just "do" more than anything. I won't be afraid to spank him, but I love on him more than anything, even now he knows what NO means (not that he listens all the time, but soemtimes) I'll be pretty liberal on some things, and strict on others. I think my "parenting style" depends on the subject

Obstacles: Getting him to sleep through the night. We're still getting up 2 or 3 times to feed. No No Bueno for mama! Getting him to eat things that ARENT finger foods... he still doesn't have enough to chew real food so his foods have to be soft but there's only SO many finger foods and thats all he wants! That doesn't make for a alanced diet! Theres no veggies there! not many fruits! gah... mostly though, sleeping throught the night.

With the twins I would by frozen veggies and fruit and blend them up and then mix it with their cereal or baby food...don't know if that helps or not Smile
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:21 pm

southernsweetie wrote:Your name:Shaunna
Parenting Styles: ... Traditional, I use the time out method and cry out method. Take it as it comes. I focus a lot on learning by experiencing or in song...we always sing lol. I'm a big explainer...I explain EVERYTHING....
Obstacles: Twins were preemie so they are delayed in speech but not attitude!! Heck of a first year catching them up! Right now waiting til they are ready for potty training. Not pushing it though just slowly letting them grasp the concept. Also the tantrums haven't found a good way of teaching the twins to express themselves...

DD was preemie too! Born roughly 2 months early.... about 7 1/2 weeks early specifically. I was pre-eclamptic.... it was a rough ride! How about you and your girls? Can't imagine going through it carrying twins! ugh!
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:34 pm

LaDonna wrote:

DD was preemie too! Born roughly 2 months early.... about 7 1/2 weeks early specifically. I was pre-eclamptic.... it was a rough ride! How about you and your girls? Can't imagine going through it carrying twins! ugh!

Same thing pre-eclampsia and they were 2 1/2 months early lol. OH lord it was horrible I was in the hospital for four days and then I took a turn for the worse and BAMM emergency c-section and the twins were rushed off to their nicu unit and I didn't see them for two days. Poor nurses I don't know how many times I snuck out of my room trying to go see the twins. They finally hooked me all up and wheeled my heinie down there to see them. They were there for two weeks I left after three days but had horrible time with all the extra fluid. I couldn't breathe dh had to call 911 twice in the first few days. YUCK! Not good memories! But they are healthy happy sassy babies now!
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:53 pm

Your name:Kelly
Child/Children: Kaylie
Ages:2
Genders:Female
Parenting Styles:im pretty traditional, basically everything katie said, except the church part. we aren't very religious
Obstacles: um right now it is getting her to eat food, and getting through these damn temper tantrums i did have problems with her sleeping through the night but that ended when she was a year old, i suggest not letting them sleep in a swing AT ALL lol. shes behind in her speech and currently has a speech therapist and now shes learning sign language and starting to pick up more words so its getting a little easier but its still pretty rough cause she cant tell me whats wrong or what she wants.
Kelly
Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:02 pm

southernsweetie wrote:
LaDonna wrote:

Same thing pre-eclampsia and they were 2 1/2 months early lol. OH lord it was horrible I was in the hospital for four days and then I took a turn for the worse and BAMM emergency c-section and the twins were rushed off to their nicu unit and I didn't see them for two days. Poor nurses I don't know how many times I snuck out of my room trying to go see the twins. They finally hooked me all up and wheeled my heinie down there to see them. They were there for two weeks I left after three days but had horrible time with all the extra fluid. I couldn't breathe dh had to call 911 twice in the first few days. YUCK! Not good memories! But they are healthy happy sassy babies now!

I was in the hospital for 2 weeks before I delivered..... we did steriod injections and all that, trying to push it a little further and a little further then had a planned c-section after we decided I couldn't go any further..... blessedly DD only spent a few hours in the nicu..... Had her about 8:00 am and got to finally see her around 3:00pm ... Thought I was going to have a conniption fit after those hours..... couldn't imagine waiting days!!! Calling all Parents! Kopfschuettel
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by crysty1e Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:21 pm

LaDonna wrote:Hi Crystal!! So which kids are yours and which are your husbands? am I understanding that correctly - guessing from your obstacles? are all of you living together permanently or are some kids temporary custody? Sorry for so many questions! Just trying to get to know you!!! hugs

Sounds like the Brady Bunch! LMAO

My Son is named Brayden.
We both have baby Natalee together
His two are Lainey and cody

We are exactly like the Brady Bunch LOL

We have Brayden and Natalee 100% of the time.
Lainey and Cody we get every other weekend during the school year and every other week during the summer (plus assorted holidays and school breaks)

Don't even get me started on his Ex Banghead
crysty1e
crysty1e

http://www.cmzutz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next