Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's piss and moan about how much TTC can suck!

2 posters

Go down

Let's piss and moan about how much TTC can suck! Empty Let's piss and moan about how much TTC can suck!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:53 am

Reposted from another site:

Me first me first!

I'm planning a baby-shower right now for my SIL. It's on the 17th, and
I'm not looking forward to it. I miscarried my very-much-wanted baby in
October, and she's having her Oopsie Daisy Baby any second now. Most of
the time I'm genuinely happy to help and I love nothing more than to
talk about baby things with her.

For some reason, tonight is NOT one of those nights. I'm bitter and
annoyed. I see stories about women who trade their children for a gun
and I think, "Wow. What I wouldn't give to have a child." I hear about
crack babies and think, "Damn. Why did she have to get pregnant
accidentally when I want nothing more than to be a mom?"

Come on. I can't be the only one with a broken heart who wants the almighty Let's piss and moan about how much TTC can suck! Stork to drop a bundle on their doorstep!

Back to top Go down

Let's piss and moan about how much TTC can suck! Empty Re: Let's piss and moan about how much TTC can suck!

Post by LaDonna Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Hey I'm with you there...... it took DH and I two years to get pregnant and seemed everywhere I looked women were getting abortions or abandoning their kids.... it broke my heart!!! I kept wondering why they were blessed with kids they didn't want and I couldn't have one that I desperately wanted..... I had to remind myself constantly that God has a plan.
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Let's piss and moan about how much TTC can suck! Empty Re: Let's piss and moan about how much TTC can suck!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:16 pm

I have a hard time accepting being part of someone's plan and not knowing what it is. I don't like surprises, haha!

So I've put goodness knows how many man hours into this shower. I made, printed, and cut the Baby Shower Bingo cards. I designed, printed, cut, set up, and bagged the favors. I filled and ribbon'd all of the goody bags.

I've been keeping my fingers crossed and trying to be positive that we'll be able to get me preggers soon after I move down to Pensacola. But it's really difficult to do when your SIL has managed to get unexpectedly pregnant. I hate that I feel like I have to explain that I'm happy she's having a baby, I just want one too, but I figure that the feeling would make sense with other people who are TTC.

So here I am, wanting to have a munchkin so badly, and doing all sorts of graphic design projects that say, "It's a boy!" and "Welcome Sean Thomas Mc--------". It kills me, it really does. Blargh. I'll have one of my own eventually. If I don't get pregnant in a year, we're going to adopt a little girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:19 pm

That's what we planned on doing.... I had already contacted the adoption agencies.... talked to a social worker..... all that.... then I got pregnant!!! It was a WONDERFUL surprise!
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:15 pm

I always say that I want to adopt a little black girl and give her a cute little afro. In reality, I just want a healthy child that needs a home.

We've talked about adopting 'older' children, too. There's no reason why a perfectly wonderful 3, or 7, or 14 year old shouldn't have a loving and supportive home.

Makes TTC a lot less stressful when you think of all the kids already here that need you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:11 pm

How long have you been trying? Smile and have you had any med. procedures done or levels checked? I know it's a huge pain in the butt AND the wait is just grrr Let's piss and moan about how much TTC can suck! 680868 .
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down