Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My "drowning" whine

2 posters

Go down

My "drowning" whine Empty My "drowning" whine

Post by Wenchette Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 am

I really feel like I'm drowning.

The plan was that while the hubs is in this training, the kids and I will head back to AR, we would sell the house in CO, and all meet up again in Vegas. That way the midget would only have one school for the entire year, we would have family/friends nearby, we still own our place so it would be utilities only. I could even get my old job back! Sounds like a solid plan, huh?

So cue me not being able to handle it.

The housing market is shitty and while we can still afford to sell, it would be stupid. Which means we have to deal with a property manager/renting on top of our HOA (they deserve their own entire post for their ridiculousness).

I don't particularly like the majority of my family (they're all pretty shitty in various ways) and just the fact that I might run into them in public randomly causes me to cry. Same thing with a lot of random other people. I escaped and now I'm going back to what feels like a slaughter.

No more job. They can't afford to hire me, and it makes no sense for me to work after expenses and taxes are taken out at the rate they're offering.

My place is a triplex. I own my unit. Unfortunately the people that left did a LOT of damage. Also the guy next door smokes like a fucking chimney and it's been leaking into my place. So it smells like an ash tray. That's not something I want my kids around.

Really the only nice thing is that my daughter loves her school and friends. Even then though, she is so far ahead of the materials that she's spending most of her time bored. She's not getting in trouble, but I would like her to actually learn something new.

I'm just so stressed out. I don't want to move back. I just want to pack up the kids and go back to CO. Which is saying a lot considering all the crap I've dealt with over the past few years there.

Wenchette

Back to top Go down

My "drowning" whine Empty Re: My "drowning" whine

Post by belovedreamery Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:57 am

hugs I'm sorry that you're in such a situation. I really loved CO when I lived there, and didn't realize how I'd miss it.

The housing market does indeed suck right now... Isn't there a way you could make the people who damaged your place pay for it?
belovedreamery
belovedreamery

Back to top Go down

Post by Wenchette Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Oh I like the area for the most part. Other than the wind, it's really nice. I've just had a ton of problems with the people here.

Unfortunately the people living in my apartment are family. So while I have their security deposit, it would be too much of a PITA to try to recoup anything else. Plus you cant get blood from a turnip. On the plus side, it did take care of a that whole pesky not wanting to deal with my family thing. They're not talking to me now that I'm holding the tenants accountable and not "helping them out like real family would".

So things are looking a lot better.

Wenchette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down