Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do?

3 posters

Go down

What would you do? Empty What would you do?

Post by Hope Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:38 am

I need some tough love parenting advice. giggle

My son Christian has destroyed two loads of laundry in the last due to crayons (that he sneaked out of a restaurant) I always ask him before I do laundry "Did you check your pockets?" "yes ma'am."

Well last week it was paint in the floor, two days ago is was soy sauce on the carpet and he moved the table over it so I couldn't see it. Fortunately I caught it before it settled but my house is in need a carpet cleaner/shampooer at the moment thanks to all of this.

Well I do a load of laundry last night and low and behold this morning all of our brand new good clothes (and towels) are riddled with blue and red crayon stains.

I'm not even worried about socks and underwear because really who cares, I have no one to impress. But our good dress/church shirts, jeans, hoodies, etc,..? No

So my options are
A) ground him. I just don't see this working, he pretty stays grounded lately and I think he's acting out due to his father being gone because he really is a sweet boy.
B) make him scrub the clothes with Goo-Gone (I'll help of course)
C) take money out of his toy fund to get new dress shirts, jeans, etc,...

I know J would say all 3 but I'm leaning towards B and C but I wanted to get others opinions on what to do.

I don't want Christian feeling like he never does anything right, his self-esteem is rather low these days and I have no clue why because I try and praise him all the time.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Jeannette Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:53 am

I'd make him scrub. He needs to know that he did something wrong. Verbal won't work.

But I will note, even at 18 years old, if my dad threw in a load of jeans and grabbed a pair of mine, he'd STILL check the pockets.

Jon is 24 and I STILL would have to check his jeans ...and cammies' pockets. I can't tell you how many bootbands I've washed, note's I've taken out, soysauce packets... mumble

lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:56 am

Jeannette wrote:I'd make him scrub. He needs to know that he did something wrong. Verbal won't work.

But I will note, even at 18 years old, if my dad threw in a load of jeans and grabbed a pair of mine, he'd STILL check the pockets.

Jon is 24 and I STILL would have to check his jeans ...and cammies' pockets. I can't tell you how many bootbands I've washed, note's I've taken out, soysauce packets... mumble

lol

That's a good point. lol Justin's ruined a few with exploding ink pens / sharpies. Neutral

That's why I don't want to ground him, because it was an accident and I know I should have checked.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:00 pm

It was and wasn't an accident. You asked him several times under several different occasions to check his pockets. He said he did. He didn't.

I'd still make him scrub. But definitely be the one to check pockets before a load of wash and point it out when something is in a pocket. I used to get an ass-chewing from my mom. lol The other big one was having the socks inside out. LMAO
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:00 pm

I would say B) He'll get the point that the did something wrong.

Wes is 21 and still leaves crap in his pockets. He never throws anything away, it just get shoved in his pockets [receipts, wrappers, pens, money, etc] :gaah
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Maybe it's a guy thing. ROFL

and what was the deal with the socks, Jeannette? Suspect
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Hope wrote:Maybe it's a guy thing. ROFL

and what was the deal with the socks, Jeannette? Suspect

When I pulled them off, I would grab them at the ankle and roll them inside out. I would NEVER turn them right-side and my mom and dad would get PISSED about it. "YOU PUT YOUR SOCKS ON THE RIGHT SIDE!!!" LMAO
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum