Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor old man and my poor pawpaw. UPDATE

5 posters

Go down

Poor old man and my poor pawpaw. UPDATE Empty Poor old man and my poor pawpaw. UPDATE

Post by Tate Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:22 pm

My mom just called telling me my pawpaw got a call from the fire department saying he needed to get to his house because there was a fire.

Turns out the little old man that lived behind my grandpaw had started a fire (mom said they were so old they couldn't even fix their own food)the old man fell in the fire and died, and the old lady broke her wrist. The fire had gotten all the way to my grandpaws shed and was up under his tractor.

Poor little old man Sad

Edit
Just got off the phone with my pawpaw and he told me that my dads secretary was in Walmart when a lady asked if Phil (my dad) had any houses over on Maple and she said "well no but Linda's dad does" and the lady said "well he got burned up in a fire" and Crissie the secretary started calling all panic'd and she called the hotel and they said "no no no not him the neighbor" so Crissie told that lady "it wasn't HIM it was the NEIGHBOR!"

Thats what happens in a small town when no one has anything better to do than listen to the scanners!

Last edited by Tate on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Poor old man and my poor pawpaw. UPDATE Empty Re: Poor old man and my poor pawpaw. UPDATE

Post by Liz Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Sad
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Poor old man and my poor pawpaw. UPDATE Empty Re: Poor old man and my poor pawpaw. UPDATE

Post by MrsRoboto Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:11 pm

Oh no! Sad
MrsRoboto
MrsRoboto

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:19 pm

I know how depressing is that.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Oh No! Whats the old lady going to do now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:40 pm

Mommy2Connor wrote:Oh No! Whats the old lady going to do now?

Well if they can't make their own food I would say its about time to join the nursing home. That little old man shouldn't have been out there doing that.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsRoboto Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:42 pm

Yeah, they probably shouldn't have been living alone in the first place. Those poor people. Sad
MrsRoboto
MrsRoboto

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:44 pm

Tammy should adopt all old people. I know how you love them.
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsRoboto Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:57 pm

lol Liz, that's why I can't work with kids. There was a little kid (like barely school age) at Brynn Marr when we were there, and he was there because he had a bad family situation and his mom would stop giving him his meds and then ASK for him to be put in Brynn Marr.

I came home crying and asked my husband if we could adopt him. Dh was like "I don't know, can we?" I was like "Well he isn't available to adopt but I just can't deal with this!!" My whole class was like "yeah, don't work with kids. You'll be emotionally burnt out in a month and want to take them all home with you." I'm too much of a softy I guess.

I think I would like to work with old people though. I really like them. Did I tell you guys I made a friend on Tuesday? She's 97. teehee
MrsRoboto
MrsRoboto

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:02 pm

I loved when I worked with Alzheimers patients. I almost want to get that job back when I move home, but then I remember there must have been a reason I left. It was really hard, but dang old people are so cute. Wub
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsRoboto Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:04 pm

If you're gonna be a nurse, you should just stay here and work in the geriatrics unit in Wilmington. Smile I think that might be where I end up. We could work together!!!
MrsRoboto
MrsRoboto

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:08 pm

But then I have to stay heeeeere. Yuck. lol

I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I did the Alzheimers/ dementia care, then worked in an urgent care clinic, then joined the Navy. I don't know where I want to work for sure, but I think something with the VA. Then I can get old people and the military aspect. Best of both things I like.
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsRoboto Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Plus it's a government job! Woot for your military service counting toward retirement!
MrsRoboto
MrsRoboto

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:14 pm

I know it. So I could retire in 14 years. Suweeeeet. Plus they have pretty good benefits. I'm trying to get a job with them while I am going to school.
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:21 pm

that's sooo sad Sad
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Updated the OP.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsRoboto Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Oh for pete's sake. Way to freak her out.

P.S., who is pete and why is everyone for his sake?
MrsRoboto
MrsRoboto

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:53 pm

MrsRoboto wrote:Oh for pete's sake. Way to freak her out.

P.S., who is pete and why is everyone for his sake?
Yeah I know. I can only imagine. She is one of those people that has a very exact schedule and can't stray from it. ETC. she goes to Sonic EVERY morning for a tea. lol (she has been my dads secretary for around 13 years shes like family)

I have no idea who Pete is.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:14 am

Sad That's so sad. I'm glad your pawpaw is ok, but man, that lady really should live in a retirement home now.
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down