Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Debt Free

+2
Tate
LaDonna
6 posters

Go down

Living Debt Free Empty Living Debt Free

Post by LaDonna Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:44 pm

So Kenny and I are pretty blessed..... we don't have a lot of debt.... outside our house, 1 car payment, and a couple of credit cards.... nothing that I would consider "out of control" - everything is pretty easily managed..... but I've heard a lot about this Dave Ramsey guy and living debt free..... meaning NO CREDIT CARDS, No payment plans, nothing!!!!

I'm shocked and amazed and sooooooo eager to try this!!!

Anyone have any debt success stories/ tips???
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Living Debt Free Empty Re: Living Debt Free

Post by Tate Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm

We only have a car payment and rent. I call that pretty debt free lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:10 pm

We have a small loan on a car and my student loans and other than that we have another car paid off. I don't think it too practical with living completel debt free, I believe a car payment and education loans are just a standard.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:38 pm

We have one dentist bill which is down to $421. Aside from that just the normal rent, utilities, phone, car insurance. We have no credit cards.
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:34 am

Well...

We have a few grand on one credit card (moving cross country, two trips to Cali, all back in 07'...it's been lingering), and Jon has another month before his truck is paid off. After that, we'll be 100% debt free.

I'm hoping to be 100% by summer. Due to insane credit card rates, I've done a system that's helped beat the credit card debt. I take the amount, divide it into quarters, and pay off that amount each month. I was finding that paying about a hundred bucks over the minimum due wasn't doing ANYTHING to my debt. So, I've done quarters and it's been working great. I'm pulling a little bit out of savings but it's nothing compared to the ridiculous interest rates I'm dealing with... And, savings will grow faster once it's all paid off.

Of, and after this is all done, the cards are getting BURNED. Well...I may put one of them away for emergencies, but ya...BURNED!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:40 am

Jeannette wrote:Well...

We have a few grand on one credit card (moving cross country, two trips to Cali, all back in 07'...it's been lingering), and Jon has another month before his truck is paid off. After that, we'll be 100% debt free.

I'm hoping to be 100% by summer. Due to insane credit card rates, I've done a system that's helped beat the credit card debt. I take the amount, divide it into quarters, and pay off that amount each month. I was finding that paying about a hundred bucks over the minimum due wasn't doing ANYTHING to my debt. So, I've done quarters and it's been working great. I'm pulling a little bit out of savings but it's nothing compared to the ridiculous interest rates I'm dealing with... And, savings will grow faster once it's all paid off.

Of, and after this is all done, the cards are getting BURNED. Well...I may put one of them away for emergencies, but ya...BURNED!

Yeah..... see our biggest issue now is we have a $1400.00/ month mortgage payment...... nice house = BIG house payment! Smile but we have no trouble paying bills..... it's the (1) credit card that we put a bunch of new house stuff on that we now have to pay off..... but like I said..... it's not terrible.... very manageable...... once my car is paid off (next year) it'll be a breeze!!! But ideally I want to pay everything off early which is what I'm working towards...
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:54 am

I think all bills should burn in a fiery death. All of them. lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:59 am

I think people should just NOT get credit cards. lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:01 am

I only got mine for big purchases. I had to have a credit card for vehicle rental, booking hotels...etc. I never use it for anything else though. No shopping sprees for this girl. LMAO
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:02 am

You really NEEDED it for vehicle rentals, and booking hotels?

You can use a debit card (visa/master card) for those things Razz
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:41 am

I didn't have a debit card at the time. I didn't get my first debit card until a year ago. And....I couldn't have paid off plane tickets, a hotel, and a car rental in one bang. lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:04 am

For building up credit I use my credit card for gas and then pay it off the next month. I am trying to build up credit though. Since we aren't buying a house or a new car anytime soon thats the easiest way for me.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiNicole Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Ugh, DF is royally effed w/ his credit and debts because of a TERRIBLE situation a few years back, I don't let him off the hook, I still get on him for it but I know it wasn't all in his control either. But MY debt is pretty manageable. I have 1 credit card that, other than the interest rates, is manageable, I'll have it paid off hopefully in another couple months, a car payment, and the usual student loans. My car and card payments WILL be gone this year though, student loans I think are standard though... it's hard to go to school and NOT have those... I mean if your super wealthy or luck that your parents will pay right out the gate more power to ya but the general population isn't that blessed Razz
JessiNicole
JessiNicole

http://milotown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down