Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germany

+2
LaDonna
Shaunna
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Germany Empty Germany

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:18 am

Germany 680868 So just got off phone with DH...APPARENTLY...he was talking to LT and he mentioned a opening for embark chief in germany and Dh said he was interested. We had MENTIONED going oconus in a few years after I get my nursing degree (so I'm guarenteed a job...xray is always hard to find a job). He said yes and said the CO talked to the monitor and a couple of Dh's officers wrote and sent in recommendations. WTF!!! GERMANY! WE talked about spain...HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! Not really happy right now. Its is great for his career but I can kiss mine good bye! Oh well I guess I can wait 3-4 years to go back to school Sad already missed deadline for lpn courses this year. Don't even want and LPN lisence I wanted the RN. Its a long shot we get it. A really LOOONNNGG shot. I understand DH couldn't call or email me it was kinda a yes or no situation, because the LT had a meeting or something with the CO or something anyways (not sure if that is correct 100%). As DH said "I just went with the gut had a second to give an answer". Blah I'll make the best of it if he does get it. At least he will be non deployable. I have already researched jobs either A. work in the military hospital or B. Learn German and get a work visa to work in one of their hospitals lol....that one is kinda a longer shot. I took five years of spanish and can understand it but not speak it very well. So thats my vent. Wonderful opporotunity (sp) but at the wrong time. Guess its better than some options we might be facing if he doesn't get the germany job....DEPLOYMENT to Afghanistan since he has to wait a year before reenlistng and putting in DI packet.....Sad.

Just read my post I am either really tired or I need to get my heinie back in school.....I can't spell! lol
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Germany Empty Re: Germany

Post by LaDonna Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:30 am

hugs I know that this can be very scary and frustrating!!! I can't imagine..... but good for you for making the most of a sticky situation.... your DH is lucky to have you!

In regards to school I know a lot of schools offer RN programs online, is there a way you can do that to continue your education despite your location??
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:52 am

How come every time I say "I wish we could get stationed in Germany" someone I know gets a chance to get stationed there Razz

Just make the best of it and I always say that "Everything happens for a reason"
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:15 pm

I would love to be stationed there don't get me wrong. I just wanted my degree first. I'm not huge on the whole online thing. Especially nursing. I got so much from xray school in class couldn't imagine doing the classes online and then by myself in clinic. I guess just not for me. lol
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:52 pm

I tried to convince DH to take the orders to Germany. They were right there. So close. But noooooooo.........lol
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsRoboto Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Well if he does get it maybe you could get an X-ray job. If not I'm sure you could find tons of fun things to fill your time and boost your resume.

I understand what you mean by the wrong time though. But I'm still jealous!
MrsRoboto
MrsRoboto

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:42 am

Well Dh said he hasn't heard from monitor tried to call him today. He thinks he didn't get it so.....now he is talking about trying to go for italy when it opens up. Now that I'm in for! I thought maybe if we did go for it I could go for an accounting degree or maybe a business with a focus on accounting so I would maybe work for the government. Who knows. I don't even know if I am that smart to get those degree. lol!! My mom is going for her masters in some kind of economic/accounting thing. So she could help me!
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 am

Your mom sounds super smart. lol I took Econ...TWICE. LMAO Hated it... mumble

Italy...Germany... What the hell! I want that!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:44 pm

lol I hated ecnomics in high school! Yea hope we hear something soon just kinda twiddling thumbs here.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:48 pm

It just made my brain hurt. I don't have that portion of the brain that can think like an Economist. Accounting wasn't too bad but I just took an intro class for my other major. lol

It would be soooooooo cool to go to Italy or Germany! The furthest out of the United States for me was...ummm...Niagara Falls. LMAO
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:40 pm

Honestly I'm not even sure I will go. Stupid DH just got caught in a massive lie. I saw his credit card and he spent 200 dollars at a strip club up in norfolk. That night he said he went to a pub...I don't tolerate lying. Rule is if you go to a strip club we BOTH go. That is what WE agreed on when we first got married. Wouldn't have bothered me if he told me about it. Red flags are just hanging all around right now.....someone got some explainin to do...
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:43 pm

southernsweetie wrote:Honestly I'm not even sure I will go. Stupid DH just got caught in a massive lie. I saw his credit card and he spent 200 dollars at a strip club up in norfolk. That night he said he went to a pub...I don't tolerate lying. Rule is if you go to a strip club we BOTH go. That is what WE agreed on when we first got married. Wouldn't have bothered me if he told me about it. Red flags are just hanging all around right now.....someone got some explainin to do...

Oh boy. spank

I love it when they do stupid stuff and think we're not going to find out. No matter what their intent...and how innocent. They will ALWAYS get busted. Why don't they learn? lol

Get em. mwahaha
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:35 pm

oh lord its not good I am sitting here fuming about it so its going to be worse. MMMMMMmmmmm that southern redneck is coming out! I talked to my mom and she was like "oh crap your accent is coming out" thats how you know I'm mad or really tired when my accent comes out. So lord help him he better call sooner rather than later.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:41 pm

That's RIGHT! He's gone isn't he! So you're sitting here stirring...and stirring...getting more and more angry. lol

I feel deja vu from when my husband blew $390 on a port from last deployment. I had a two week old. He called, I ripped him, he waited a week to call back. It was a good choice on his part. I would have flown to his location and kicked his ass.

Just makes sure he learns his lesson. lol Jon still gets fidgety when I bring it up. LMAO

Live and learn. Gotta crack them in the head sometimes...
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Nope just going to tell him what I think about him and that I won't live with lying. I'm not going to wonder what my husband is doing for five more months screw that. He wants to act like that he can have three less dependents to worry about when he gets home.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:17 pm

No No No! You have to wait until they port at all the places.

When Jon was on "my list", I got all kinds of neat things from the places he ported at. Kind of to...make it up to me I guess. lol

You're just mad right now. Terri Clark - I Just Wanna Be Mad ...if you listen to any country music. lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:59 pm

NO I just told him if he wants to oogle at nasty sluts and drink just let me know and I'll send him the papers. He said he didn't tell me because he knew I would get upset, and all they did was eat wings and drink beer. I told him so if I want to go look at other guys penis's all I have to say is that I went out to eat wings and beer. But I didn't get a lap dance so that makes it ok.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Ah. I was just trying to lighten the moment. teehee

consoling

I have the same mentality about strip clubs. And although he may be telling the truth, drinking beer at a strip club is stupid. It's like...a million dollars more. Jon and I have a no strip club policy. And if I ever find out that he has gone, or did, oh ya...ass = grass. I'd need to borrow that new mower you bought.

As long as he was sincere about his stupidity and that this was his first offense, I think he'll know better. Since there won't be a next time. lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:41 am

lol. Its taken care of. His heine as you said has been mowed. We will see how the rest of the deployment goes...I don't care really about the strip club it was that he lied about it that bothers me. But its in the past its a new day and I just bought a jogging stroller so I think the twins and I are overdue for a run
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:03 pm

lol Good to go!

How was your run with the girls!?
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:22 am

its was nice thanks until we got rained on at least a mile away from home! I was getting evil snarky looks from people driving by thinking " what kind of mom keep her kids in the rain". I felt so bad but the twins stayed dry except for shoes since they had a cover. We got stuck at a park! I was the one getting soaked!!! Its rainy today but a high of 70 tomorrow and of course I am working three 12's haha.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:25 am

Eh, forget about em. Everyone has an opinion and most of them suck. lol

It's rainy here too. We're supposed to get thunderstorms all weekend. Blah.

BLAH!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:26 am

I'm SO excited about the thunderstorms. I miss the thunder and lightening...we always have the best storms back home and we would all go sit out on the pouch and watch and enjoy.

There are NO storms here...just rain, rain, and rain.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:29 am

You need to come up by me. Everytime we get a thunderstorm, it's so wicked theres a tornado warning EVERY SINGLE STORM. lol

I'm terrified down here. And...eep...what about hurricane season. lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:44 am

lol Well you gotta remember I'm in tornado alley back in AR. We are used to tornado warnings every storm.

My aunt and uncles (sister and brother they live together) their trailer got hit ( 3 or 4 years ago) by a tornado and it threw my uncle about 23 feet out of the house. He was all beat up. My aunt just got a few scratches. Their trailer had been picked up turned around and twisted in the middle. It was crazy. Don't know how my uncle didn't die. There was NOTHING left of their house except the bottom frame. Everything else was GONE.

They thought the donkey died and a few days later a neighbor brought the donkey home he had ran away! It was my great grandpa's donkey he was like...20 or something like (crazy old for a donkey) and they feed him chewing tobacco and his name was Jude. The donkey recently died. It was a sad day. That donkey had been around FOREVER.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum