Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case of the blues

+2
Jeannette
Gina
6 posters

Go down

Sad Case of the blues

Post by Gina Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Man..this deployment is killing me. I've been having such a hard time getting in touch with my DB. I found out from some of the ladies that the guys had their e-mail addys changed...why the DB didnt tell me is beyond me..so I sent him a little note to his new addy with no issues.

Today I wanted to write him another little note and it was sent back to me. Now I have some of the other wives saying "oh..maybe he blocked you" and "he could be cheating" I cried my eyes out. They were so mean

...why does this bother me so much? Sad

I've been bumming around for the past few days now because of this. I feel so pathetic.

Any words of advice would be great ladies. Sorry I'm such a debbie downer.
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Sad Re: Case of the blues

Post by Jeannette Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Regular addresses changed when my husband was deployed...it happens. And sometimes that can't get to the phone fast enough to tell you. I reckon you don't get updates from the FRO? Addresses, updates, and changes usually get posted in a bulletin by the FRO...along with current events/happenings in the Lejeune area to keep the wives busy while their spouse is away.

You should probably distance yourself from those kinds of people that say those things about your DB. Don't believe that kind of stuff. Deployments can bring on a whirlwind of emotions...almost all of us on here have been through that lovely Deployment PMS.

You should be focusing on decorating your house and anything else to occupy your time!

Don't worry about being a Debbie Downer. We've all been there. I was a mess when my husband first left for Haiti after just coming back. Everyone is entitled to a bad day!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Addresses frequently change. Like Jeannette said, don't listen to what other people have to say. And most of us here have been though what you are going through. Everybody here has been so positive my DH's whole deployment. You can always come to us.
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 am

I agree...don't listen to those crazies...they are the stay at home wives who have nothing else to do with their lives besides stir the drama pot. hugs
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 pm

hugs Don't listen to those other wives. Like Tate said they just like to stir up the drama!!! Everyone has been through the woes of deployment, we understand, we'll help you get through.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:35 pm

hugs

I am so blessed to have all of you. Some of the wives here have been so awful. I'm the only "unmarried" one in the squad so they just tell me to "get over it"..."he's prob cheating"...or "I guess he just stopped caring." I cried my eyes out for the past 3 days because that's all I've heard. I've quit picking up my cell phone and even stopped going to functions because I just don't want to deal with any of them...

I do have a great relationship with the FRO. He keeps me pretty well informed (minus the e-mail addy stuff I guess unless I just missed that e-mail)
All my e-mails to him get kicked back anyway...i asked the XO's wife if I had the addy correct...shes checking for me.

I'm happy to be feeling more like myself so I can reach out to all of you. You girls really do make me feel so much better about EVERYTHING and reassure me that what I'm feeling is ok.
Thanks for being so amazing ladies...I'd be so lost without you.
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Ya...you know, some people find great friendship with wives and others don't. For me, I speak to maybe 1 or 2 only to compare our babies or exchange homecoming info. Other then that, they kind of do their own thing, as do I. I look at it this way...

We ALL at one point or another complain about our spouses. I'd rather do it with the friends I've made here, opposed to a wife that's married to one of my husband's buddies. Why? People talk. Wives talk. If I get into a fight with my husband and call him a jackass, I don't want it getting back to him. ROFL

They might be doing training too... I know some wives would speak to their husbands VERY often, while I spoke with mine minimal. There were times when he was just too busy, or he had something else going on that the rest of the platoon didn't.

Don't cry about it, just be a tough cookie.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:21 pm

So true.

There's a wife here who g-mail chats with her hubby just about every night. It makes me crazy because I can't even get an e-mail out to my DB without it getting sent back (still not sure why)
But for whatever reason, the wives throw this in my face and make me feel like total crap.

It's just such a hard situation to be in. I've been feeling very distant and alone lately.
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 pm

They are probably saying that because their husbands are cheating on them. Kick someone in the heinie to make themselves feel better. No worries. You can't make something out of it until you hear from him. I have to say though there are some working wives who are just as much stir potters as the stay at home moms lol. Is he on a meu or an actual deployment because it is SO totally normal not to hear from them on a meu and if they switch boats like DH last week they have a new email. DH is on a meu and half of the boys are off training and they just increased rules for satilite phones and such.....hope you feel better!
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:44 pm

southernsweetie wrote:They are probably saying that because their husbands are cheating on them. Kick someone in the heinie to make themselves feel better. No worries. You can't make something out of it until you hear from him. I have to say though there are some working wives who are just as much stir potters as the stay at home moms lol. Is he on a meu or an actual deployment because it is SO totally normal not to hear from them on a meu and if they switch boats like DH last week they have a new email. DH is on a meu and half of the boys are off training and they just increased rules for satilite phones and such.....hope you feel better!

I just think its such a terrible thing to do. You would think all the wives would want to come together and really support each other and find ways to make this deployment easier on each other....

My SO is on a MEU. I got his new e-mail and I was able to get one e-mail thru to him and all the rest get sent back to me. He sent me a message almost a week ago using his personal hotmail account because i guess he has wifi where ever he was...so i took a shot in the dark and wrote him a few times using that account...hoping he'd be able to check it soon and write back..sadeyes

Motomail has been a joke too..i sent one out 3 days ago and it still hasn't been printed... mumble
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:50 pm

I never did Motomail. I preferred hand-written letters. lol

I hated when my husband wrote me on his personal because I never knew if he would read it again. I usually cc'd his ship email just in case.

Communication on a MEU isn't the hottest.

Lots of wives do come together to support each other...but alot of it is like high school drama. For me, aside from personal reasons, I liked to talk to girls that WEREN'T associated with the deployment. What got me through it was being able to talk to people about something OTHER than what my husband was doing. That's the only thing that made it easy for me.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:58 pm

His ship e-mail was working great until they got to their new location and got a new addy....now NOTHING gets thru

I'm tellin' ya J-net, some of the things these wives tell me is unreal. The one that has me all worked up right now is "maybe he blocked you from writing him" WTF?

Banghead

Who knew all of this would have happened just because I wasn't aware of an e-mail change. The other wives are having a field day with it.
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Like I said Gina they are elevating themselves because they feel worthless. Lord better you than me I would be eating those wives for breakfast.....you are much nicer....I am already thinking of one line zingers....hmmm.... Case of the blues 213115
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:21 pm

I can't even mention how many times DH emails me a day or phonecalls because they say I'm bragging WTF. Why would I brag about something like that? One wife told me I just don't understand.....I told her your right. This is my 8th or 9th deployment 2nd with DH in the past two years. I was raised military, and I raised my preemie twins by myself while finishing my education and still looking fabulous...lol you are right I don't understand. I told that little 19 year old (nothing against age, just mentioning she is just younger) where to go pretty much I think she was scratching her head.... trying to figure out if I was joking or serious. You could always try that tactic...
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Oh believe me girl...I've almost reached my breaking point...
It's only a matter of time before I Freakout on them
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Gina wrote:His ship e-mail was working great until they got to their new location and got a new addy....now NOTHING gets thru

I'm tellin' ya J-net, some of the things these wives tell me is unreal. The one that has me all worked up right now is "maybe he blocked you from writing him" WTF?

Banghead

Who knew all of this would have happened just because I wasn't aware of an e-mail change. The other wives are having a field day with it.

Is he with the 24th??? If he is PM me. ...Where are you posting with the other wives Ill jump on the band wagon with ya (wheres the devil face). I could use some drama right now, kinda bored.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 pm

southernsweetie wrote:
Gina wrote:His ship e-mail was working great until they got to their new location and got a new addy....now NOTHING gets thru

Banghead

Is he with the 24th??? If he is PM me. ...Where are you posting with the other wives Ill jump on the band wagon with ya (wheres the devil face). I could use some drama right now, kinda bored.

Sent you a PM...

I'm not looking for drama..I just wish they'd all shut up!
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:32 pm

lol. Sorry I'm really bored right now. lol I love getting snarky at mean people. Its my biggest pet peeve. Don't be rude because you have no self esteem geez.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 pm

I agree

I thought some of these women were my friends and as soon as our guys leave its like they did a total 180....
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:44 pm

I don't know any wives in DH's actual shop for a reason. But I do know a handful in the entire unit. I don't like getting too close. They need a sign don't talk to the wives...they may bite.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 pm

So true! Biting + back stabbing..... they all need a good spank
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:18 pm

haha. Its not everybody but there is always that apple in the bunch that spoils the rest ya know.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:55 am

Damn bad apples mumble
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content