Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They should be a little more flexible...

+4
Shaunna
Jeannette
jmetz4
Tate
8 posters

Go down

They should be a little more flexible... Empty They should be a little more flexible...

Post by Tate Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:42 am

SO. We get to pay $100 to get Missy REmicrochipped. vent Banghead fryingpan Mad

Missy is microchipped...by her previous owners. Those people we got her from got stationed in JAPAN. So our vet talked to them and they said they couldn't do anything that there is a 30 day waiting time after they have tried calling all the previous owners numbers (all disconnected btw). I called and explained they had been stationed in Japan and of course...still no help. Which I understand...it just sucks that Missy has to have a second one put in.

This wouldn't be a problem but housing called and they need the paper work on our pets (we are number 7 on the housing list) if we don't get the paper work in before we are number 1 our application will be canceled and we wouldn't be able to move on base. The lady on base was a bitch. I explained she IS microchipped its just it will take a while to get our information transferred on the chip. She was like "Well that doesn't help me. I need YOUR information...yada yada" Bitch. mumble

SO I'm taking Missy in at 3:30 to spend $100 to get a new one put in ($47 for the visit, $50 for the microchip).

Kiki is at the vet already and is getting her chip put in while she is getting fixed. Her visit is costing $200. I'm not happy to be dropping SO much money today. :grumpy mumble Mad sadeyes
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

They should be a little more flexible... Empty Re: They should be a little more flexible...

Post by jmetz4 Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:06 am

Sad That stinks. Do pets have to be microchipped to get on base housing?
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

They should be a little more flexible... Empty Re: They should be a little more flexible...

Post by Jeannette Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:09 am

That is insane! And that's alot of money to be dropping. Ugh.

Bastards.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 am

Here pets have to be microchipped to get on base.

You have to take the paper work of current shots to the base housing. Then you also have to take it to the vet on base to get them registered on base.

Its crazy insane now especially since they have eliminated some breeds from being allowed on base. We had I think two incidents on base where Pits attacked little kids. One little kid was killed on TT by a Pit. Sad It was terrible an sad.

Yeah Jeannette...not excited about the money. Dipping into the savings we have that is supposed to help with any buyers cost at the closing on our house lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:50 am

There is a doc in beulaville and it cost 125 for shots and two microchips for my pets including vet. He is cheap as heck and really good. Bit of a drive though.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:54 am

Yeah the drive would cost me in gas what I am paying here lol I'm just glad I got Missy's shots and all done back home. So much cheaper in AR.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:48 pm

i heard that the base vet is way cheaper to have them micro chipped and i dont think you have to pay for the visit.
Kelly
Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Yeah but to take your pet on base I think you have to have your pet registered there....which means you have to live on base....I think?
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:54 pm

hmmm im not sure about that lol, we already had our dog micro chipped before we moved on base. you could always call and ask
Kelly
Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:09 pm

I'm sorry Tate! I know how you feel on the whole dropping money on things that your pet already has. I had to have all of Sibel's shots redone in order to board her. It's worth it, they're apart of your family.
Sorry that the lady from base was a bitch though! That's not necessary!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Yeah tell me about it. lol

Why did she need her shots redone?

I plan on calling the Animal House tomorrow to tell them I'll be dropping Kiki off on the 30th.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:48 pm

that is insane!!! I'd be mad too
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Yeah I'm not a happy camper by any means.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:56 pm

so i just reread your original post and when we were getting our house they never said one word to me about having a dog and needing it registered before we get our house. When i got there i asked her about registering my dog and she said that he needed to be registered with the base vet within 10 days of our move in date and i said i cant because i was going back to my parents house with a month and didnt have the dogs paper work. Then once we completely moved in we didnt even get our pet registered until like 2 months after we moved in and we didnt get in trouble or anything. So to me that makes no sense that the dogs have to be preregistered before you get your house
Kelly
Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:59 pm

kayliesmama wrote:so i just reread your original post and when we were getting our house they never said one word to me about having a dog and needing it registered before we get our house. When i got there i asked her about registering my dog and she said that he needed to be registered with the base vet within 10 days of our move in date and i said i cant because i was going back to my parents house with a month and didnt have the dogs paper work. Then once we completely moved in we didnt even get our pet registered until like 2 months after we moved in and we didnt get in trouble or anything. So to me that makes no sense that the dogs have to be preregistered before you get your house

Its a new rule. If they know you have pets before you move in you have to have paper work showing your dog is up to date on shots and that they are registered on base. All the new pet stuff happened after they decided certain breed dogs can't be on base. Because they have to go to the base vet to make sure they are well tempered etc.

The first time we lived on base in 07' they didn't even ask if we had animals. There was no registering them or anything. Of course this was before the housing was privatized.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunna Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:55 pm

You can go to the vet on base as long as you are military and thats it. And then you take the dogs into the vet clinic with no appt and you register them. Pretty simple. I just went to the vet and said they need their shots done, I don't have their record and he did and they were happy on base. I don't know, I don't know where my dogs shot records are now...oops
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gina Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Freakout
Gina
Gina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Well we got her microchipped today. It ended up costing $88 but at least its done now.

I'm taking all the paper work on base tomorrow to housing then to the vet to register them. So hopefully it will all be handled tomorrow.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm

We had to have them redone because the lady didn't remember where she took her for her shots. They should be a little more flexible... 991906
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum