Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Camp Lejeune Marine took his life...

3 posters

Go down

Another Camp Lejeune Marine took his life... Empty Another Camp Lejeune Marine took his life...

Post by Tate Fri May 14, 2010 1:05 pm

A Marine took his life outside the fire house at Camp Lejeune. John has two friends that drove by and saw the ambulances and both said they thought they saw a body bag but didn't know what was going on. Later they found out in fact it was a guy who shot himself.

I picked Reese up from school and always get a daily report of how he did for the day and attached to it today was a paper that said something to the effect: "As many of you already know a Marine took his life this week at Camp Lejeune. We are sad to say that not only was he a Marine but also a father. He leaves behind two children and a wife...one of the children is a student here at SPEC." The letter was asking for donations.

I got goose bumps when I read it. I knew a Marine had killed him self but not that he left behind a wife and kids. It just shocking.

Here is the article. He did "flee" from Navy Hospital...makes me wonder what he was there for.

http://www.witn.com/onslowcounty/headlines/93301559.html
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Another Camp Lejeune Marine took his life... Empty Re: Another Camp Lejeune Marine took his life...

Post by Jeannette Fri May 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Jon told me about this yesterday.

It's getting bad. He's been really frustrated at work and shocked me when he said that he can understand why some do it. There's so much political bullshit that goes on behind the scenes. It's not just PTSD in all cases, alot of it is the crap that goes on with commands, etc.

That's horrible that he leaves behind a wife and 2 children.

The Corps needs to do some serious revamping.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Another Camp Lejeune Marine took his life... Empty Re: Another Camp Lejeune Marine took his life...

Post by Tate Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 pm

I totally agree about the Marine Corp needs some serious help

I think suicide is selfish (and tragic don't get me wrong). You leave behind people that don't understand and never will get an answer and it affects them for the rest of THEIR lives...even though you took your own.

You can't just "go to some one" you have to go to your Sgt. then they go to their higher up, etc, etc, chain of command and then by then everyone in the whole unit knows you are having problems. It shouldn't be that way at all...you can speak to a Chaplin but you have to REQUEST to go see them!
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Fri May 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Oh I know. I don't agree with suicide at all.

However, it's just like you said. Some of these guys openly admit that they need help and they can't go. It's bullshit.

And I don't care what they say, they are not alotted time at any time to go and take care of these things.

As a result, there are many suicides (I posted about it a few months ago even!), and almost every, single, fucking, marine, I know has a drinking problem.

If you ask them why they do it? It's so that they can feel good at the end of the day because their job sucks. And not their "job", but the beating around the bush to get things done.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Fri May 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Yep I agree. (Cept I only know like two people that have drinking problems lol If you know single guys they all drink...but thats cause they bored and have nothing else to do with their lives).

They aren't given time to take care of themselves. You can't do anything with out letting someone know...while I understand that it should have to be told to everyone why you are going to see so and so.

Then when they do need help they put it off thinking it will just go away and they end up killing themselves. Its ridiculous.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Fri May 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Yep. You said it right there.

They are NOT given time to take care of themselves.

My dad is appauled by the stories I tell him. He was former Army and always said..."We knew when we were working, when we got off...I could even get a second job if I wanted to. I had time to do things. I did my job and that was it."
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Fri May 14, 2010 7:09 pm

I completely agree, they do need to revamp and get their marines the help they need. I think it's so sad that more and more marines keep taking their own lives. I think it is a very selfish thing to do as well. Just like Tate said, you leave unanswered questions behind, and family members with a permanent scar!

So sad that this gentleman left behind a wife and two children. Sad day.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down