Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I HATE ER's.

+5
Hope
Kelly
jmetz4
Kala
Jeannette
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I HATE ER's. Empty I HATE ER's.

Post by Jeannette Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:03 pm

So Saturday, I was walking out of the house when I took a breath and got severe chest pain. It never subsided. It felt like someone was stabbing the center of my chest everytime I took a deep breath or exhaled. I had to take shallow breaths. That sucks because my asthma has been KILLING me for 3 weeks now. So, after sitting for a few hours, Jon's buddy corpsmen telling me to go in, yada yada, we finally went to the ER.

The ER is a chest pain center too. Within 10 minutes, I was seen with Triage 1. She did an EKG, asked me how my breathing was, I said it was really tight and I could use a treatment. She told me that they'd get me in soon, and sent me back to the waiting room. A HALF HOUR LATER, I'm seen by Triage 2. They weigh me, ask for more details. By this point, my asthma kicked in and I feel like someone is sitting on my chest...and it hurts. She sent me back to the waiting room. We waited 45 MINUTES and I get called. They wouldn't let Jon go back with me ue to Wesson (wtf ever). So this bitchy nurse who hates her fucking job argued with me. I can't breathe, when someone can't breathe, you become irritable. She wants me to get naked and gown up. Fuck you. I'm here for respiratory and chest pains. She walks out. AN HOUR LATER, a nurse comes in. I said,"Hey, wtf does someone have to do to get a breathing treatment around here?" She asked if I needed one, I said yes. She put the thingymajig on my finger and walks out. I NEVER SEE HER AGAIN. ANOTHER hour later, the insurance/check-in lady comes by. By now I'm fuming. She asks for my cards. My husband has them. She goes and gets him (which throws a HUGE bitchfit in the ER because he has Wesson...) He asked me wtf was going on (by now it's late, Wesson is hell..etc.) I told him I'm still waiting for a fucking treatment and to be seen. We waited another half hour and I said fuck this and got dressed. I saw the bitchnurse and asked her where the fuck I sign out. She gave me a form and said with a snippy ass attitude,"Just sign here and say that you didn't want to be seen by a doctor." So help me god, if I had more breath, I would have punched a bitch in the fucking face.

I call my gf who told me to go to that hospital to begin with (because my obgyn delivers there), she made some phone calls and took me to a different hospital (by now its 1am). Jon's at home with Wes, she didn't want me to go alone, etc. We get in right away, within 2 hours, I had 5 vials of blood drawn, a bag of fluid started in an iv, a doctor talking to me about tests for blood clots, a neb treatment, and some Tylenol. After that, tests were negative, he had NO IDEA what was wrong. He didn't want to do an xray for Pneumonia because of the babies, he said I had no clots, he prescribed me Amoxycillin and told me to take the Vicodin for the pain....... Ya, not taking the Vicodin but I've got the Amoxycillin for 10 days...

What a fucking night.

Now, Jon is crabby (fucking stupid...he slept at midnight, I didn't get home til 3:30am...) and I'm still up before him and he's running around yelling at Wesson because he's tired with a short fuse.

FML.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

I HATE ER's. Empty Re: I HATE ER's.

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:14 pm

hugs I hate ER's too. They suck!!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:19 pm

I'm calling my OB tomorrow to flip a lid. If their birthing center is ANYTHING like the ER, we're changing. That's RIDICULOUS.

The stress on a baby when I can't breathe isn't good! And there's TWO! Doctor's just make me irate.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:21 pm

You shouldn't have been jerked around that way. You couldn't breathe and you're pregnant. Those are two 'jump to the front of the line' symptoms!!!!!! I HATE ER's. 991906
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:23 pm

It was crap. It really was. The other hospital I went to was nice, but they still don't know. I think I either had an infection go into my chest or I have a touch of Pneumonia. Either way, the antibiotics should kill whatever I've got. It just sucks! Not being able to breathe is the worst feeling in the world.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Hopefully the antibiotics kick some booty and you're feeling better in no time!!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:30 pm

For how much they have me on, they better. lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:30 pm

lol I hate taking antibiotics. I always forget to take them after the first couple of days.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:33 pm

I'll take them for 2 days and stop. Like...you're never supposed to do. This time I will...because I'm knocked up with double trouble. However, you might have to ask in 5 days if I'm still on them. lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:39 pm

ROFL I can do that. Since I don't have a 'work every single day' job, I will be stocking the boards constantly.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:05 am

I have to throw out there, you're having twins?! This is what happens when I disappear for a little while...
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 am

ugh this is another reason why i hate hospitals and try to avoid them as much as possible. I hope you feel better soon
Kelly
Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:39 am

You can't catch a break when it comes to hospitals. hugs
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 am

Okay that just plain ole sucks!!! I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that. How is the chest pain now?!?
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:36 am

Yeah, are you feeling okay now?
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:49 am

I have chest pains and I have went to the ER and was told they don't know what it is.

Sometimes your chest just hurts and there isn't a real reason it hurts...I can go 6 months or longer without having a episode...now I have had a EKG, and a Echogram done..and still nothing is showing up.

I hate ER's. They always take forever. I find getting mad just makes the situation worse. When your on the way to the ER you should just know its going to take a long time. No matter what.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:55 pm

The difference Tate, is when you can't breathe, you're SUPPOSED to be given a breathing treatment.

I give a fuck about my chest pain, but when I can't BREATHE, I expect someone to see me. I'm going to keel over from an asthma attack and I'm supposed to wait?! After 3 hours, and asking twice, and never seeing the damn nurse again, they can expect me to call their Director.

I'm also calling my OB and telling them that if their birthing center is ANYTHING like their ER, we're done.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:49 pm

My husband almost got kicked out of the ER at Lejeune when I was pregnant. He and the nurse were screaming at each other. lol

I couldn't work in an ER. When I'm there, I try to think of it from their perspective, but it never helps. It must be such a hard job.
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by crysty1e Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:25 pm

OMG I don't even know what I would have done.
How did everything go today? Have you called your doctor?
crysty1e
crysty1e

http://www.cmzutz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:26 pm

Oh I know Jeannette...you should have left earlier lol then again...if I was needing a breathing treatment I would have kept asking...walking up to someone asking, asking, asking, asking, etc. etc. etc. Sometimes you have to really just put your nose in their face and say "LISTEN HERE!"
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:29 pm

crysty1e wrote:OMG I don't even know what I would have done.
How did everything go today? Have you called your doctor?

I was in a meeting from 8:00 to 1:30. I'm working on some stuff at the office and then have a dentist appointment at 4. It's either going to be later or tomorrow.

I'm doing "ok". Lots of breathing treatments today.

It doesn't help that everything is stretching and pulling today. I swear I grow bigger by the hour..
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by crysty1e Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Today as been the day from Hell all around.
That sucks that you are so busy today!
How is Wesson feeling? I saw on another thread that he puked yesterday? Sad
crysty1e
crysty1e

http://www.cmzutz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:33 pm

I think we need new pictures of the belly's from the twin preggo ladies!
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 pm

agreed!!!!!!!!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeaaaaaa. He was coughing and upchucked...all over the couch.

I felt so bad. I was running around trying to clean him up, he's standing there in his jammas' crying. The dogs were trying to eat it so I was kicking them away. Puke

I ended up steamcleaning my whole couch. lol

He went to bed like 10 minutes after that. He seems better. He's got a bug...
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next