Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Puppy! :)

3 posters

Go down

Happy New Puppy! :)

Post by LaDonna Fri May 13, 2011 8:40 am

Soooooooo for some very strange reason, we decided to get Mackenzie a puppy last night. We already have one dog (my baby Esther - she is really 7 years old so hardly a baby anymore). But Mackenzie kept saying that she wants a puppy, because she wants a dog to sleep with her, to play with her, to walk, etc. She sees how Esther is my shadow and she wants that too. I can hardly blame her, I remember what that feels like.

Long story short, I caved. So we come home last night with a little 5-6 week German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Husky MIX. The call the breed a Gerberian Shepsky ??!?!? Pretty fancy name for a mutt. Smile

Last night went pretty well with Esther.... I have so much anxiety over how this is going to work. Freakout which is silly because Esther has never been aggressive with another dog, and she is well socialized. But I tend to worry a LOT Rolling Eyes Esther did great though.... she growled at the puppy once for charging her, but I think that is very normal for the first day.... she seems to be tolerating her pretty well. I am trying very hard to pay far more attention to Esther than the puppy so she doesn't feel threatened. Lucy (the cat) seems to not care the slightest bit.... She is soooo Roll Eyes giggle

But I reckon' just wish me luck with this whole fiasco and send good thoughts and prayers for an easy transition and offer any advice you have! Smile

New Puppy! :) 2011-010

New Puppy! :) 2011-011

New Puppy! :) 2011-012
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: New Puppy! :)

Post by Kala Fri May 13, 2011 12:52 pm

Wub awww puppies are so cute!! Good luck with everything. I hope things continue to go smoothly!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue May 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Saw where the puppy had Parvo on facebook...any news !? Sad
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 am

well I think you saw the update! Smile But I finally talked to the vet, and they said that the parvo test could have tested positive if she was exposed to it, and not necessarily full blown with it. So they are thinking that we must have caught it very early and that she is doing well.

They did comfort me a great deal and said that most likely puppies do not have relapses because much like humans once we have something we build up an immunity to it, so that was also comforting. So he said I should be fine to bring her home and to keep her at home for the next 14 days before taking her to the vet.... that way the full incubation period is done, and we won't risk re-exposing her, or another false positive.
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Thu May 19, 2011 8:22 am

I'm glad she's doing better and gets to come home with you guys!! hugs
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content