Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project - Eating At Home!

+2
belovedreamery
Jeannette
6 posters

Go down

Project - Eating At Home! Empty Project - Eating At Home!

Post by Jeannette Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:30 am

I am limiting myself and the family to only eating out ONCE a week. (we're so bad about running out and buying a burger on the way home)

This is to save...ummm...close to 80 bucks a week, and to get healthy!

I started it on the 1st but I'll track my weigh-ins on Saturdays!

Woot

1/2 - 182
1/9 - 177.2
1/16 - 177.2 Better to not lose any than to gain...right? lol I blame the margarita! Project - Eating At Home! 94699

Last edited by Jeannette on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Project - Eating At Home! Empty Re: Project - Eating At Home!

Post by belovedreamery Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Project - Eating At Home! Icon_smile That's awesome! I cannot limit my eating out to once a week, but I'm attempting to do it only twice a week and I have failed miserably this week (Hardee's curly fries, Burger King's mini whopper, and Bojangles tomorrow).
belovedreamery
belovedreamery

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:02 pm

J - do you guys have a good menu to go from? I swear Chris and I did so much better when I started shopping with a planned menu, then someone posted this right after he left. I fully intend on putting it into practice when he returns.

30 mean plan
Basically collect recipes for 30 go-to meals, make a list for everything in that list and shop accordingly. You'll save money on extras that go bad, save on eating out, always have something to eat, and not be stuck with the same thing, week after week.
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:04 pm

We cook at home all the time. John takes his lunch. It saves about $140 (average meal on base cost $7 so $7 *5= $35 and $35 *4=$140 or at least thats what the budget counselor said). We only eat out maybe once a month.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 pm

jnavywife wrote:J - do you guys have a good menu to go from? I swear Chris and I did so much better when I started shopping with a planned menu, then someone posted this right after he left. I fully intend on putting it into practice when he returns.

30 mean plan
Basically collect recipes for 30 go-to meals, make a list for everything in that list and shop accordingly. You'll save money on extras that go bad, save on eating out, always have something to eat, and not be stuck with the same thing, week after week.

I really need to do this also!!! This plan is a good idea!!! I'm going to try that next month!!!
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Planned menus are the BEST. I saved so much when I started doing that back around the first of December. I just went through and found out what I was going to cook, went grocery shopping, and a lot of times something would last Christian and I two days. (I have no shame in eating left overs)

Plus I get to improve on my culinary skills. Woot I'll never come close to being as good as my husband though. lol
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down