Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First day of him being gone

+2
Jeannette
jmetz4
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First day of him being gone Empty First day of him being gone

Post by jmetz4 Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am

So this is the fist day of my husband being gone. I don't think I will know exactly when he flies out. Our son woke up calling him last night. You never realize how much separation sucks until you are separated. First day of him being gone Icon_sad
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

First day of him being gone Empty Re: First day of him being gone

Post by Jeannette Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:43 am

Well...the best part is that the hardest part is done.

Now you look forward to counting down the days until he comes home! I loved the letters my husband sent. Although they were far and few, he turned into a total romantic sap when he was gone away at boot camp. First day of him being gone 213115

What is your husband's MOS (military occupational specialty) going to be?
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:51 am

Jeannette wrote:Well...the best part is that the hardest part is done.

Now you look forward to counting down the days until he comes home! I loved the letters my husband sent. Although they were far and few, he turned into a total romantic sap when he was gone away at boot camp. First day of him being gone 213115

Infantry. He is hoping to go airborne... I hope that he becomes a romantic sap...
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:16 am

Aw Sad Just hang in there. Once you and your son get in a routine it will be easier and help pass the time.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:27 am

jmetz4 wrote:

Infantry. He is hoping to go airborne... I hope that he becomes a romantic sap...

My husband is Infantry. High five. First day of him being gone 213115

He will. teehee Give it time. He'll realize how much he misses you and start writing about it. I love the notes that I get when my husband is gone. ROFL
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:06 pm

jmetz4 wrote:

awwwww my hubby is a very arrogant man..... he is ex-military and now a cop so he is a "MANYL MAN" and he was such a romanctic sap when he was deployed..... ugh I LOVED it, I miss those days! First day of him being gone 6993
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:07 pm

I don't know if he was supposed to be able to call but he called and texted me all afternoon from the airport. He is (as far as I know) flying now. I have a migraine and Connor is choosing tonight to be loud (of course Smile )
Thanks for all the support! I am really loving this site!
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Hang in there, doll. My Puff just graduated Navy boot camp, and if my co-dependent ass can handle being apart, you'll do fine! I didn't handle it with grace or anything like that, though. I had terrible insomnia and ended up being almost entirely nocturnal while he was away. I don't recommend that, since you'll be freakin' miserable at Graduation if you're sleepy.

Over graduation weekend, Puff was unbelievably wonderful. He called waitresses 'ma'am' and waiters 'sir'. He held open doors for me. He walked with more confidence. He was just amazingly happy, and I'd never seen him so proud.

Congratulations on choosing this life and for having a good attitude about it. It won't be easy, but it will be rewarding. And if the body my scrawny weakling Puff ended up with after Basic is any indication, the rewards are pretty awesome. First day of him being gone 461148

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:09 pm

NikkoKitty wrote:Hang in there, doll. My Puff just graduated Navy boot camp, and if my co-dependent ass can handle being apart, you'll do fine! I didn't handle it with grace or anything like that, though. I had terrible insomnia and ended up being almost entirely nocturnal while he was away. I don't recommend that, since you'll be freakin' miserable at Graduation if you're sleepy.

Over graduation weekend, Puff was unbelievably wonderful. He called waitresses 'ma'am' and waiters 'sir'. He held open doors for me. He walked with more confidence. He was just amazingly happy, and I'd never seen him so proud.

Congratulations on choosing this life and for having a good attitude about it. It won't be easy, but it will be rewarding. And if the body my scrawny weakling Puff ended up with after Basic is any indication, the rewards are pretty awesome. First day of him being gone 461148

LOL You just made me smile a lot after crying all night. I already have trouble sleeping but I also have a 2 year old. So I will take a shot of nyquil if I have to to get to sleep. I am so looking forward to the body First day of him being gone 461148 and the uniform First day of him being gone 461148 First day of him being gone 461148 and not to mention being sex deprived for so long First day of him being gone 461148 First day of him being gone 461148 First day of him being gone 461148 .
Is graduation weekend the next time I will see him? When did you find out when graduation is? I am not a patient person so I am hoping the military will make me patient. Smile
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:07 am

You can do it! You will have to learn patience if you don't have any now. Yes, the next time you see him will be graduation, there are no visits during boot camp. I don't know how different Army boot camp is from Navy, but I think I only talked to DH 2 or 3 times on the phone the whole time, so don't count on phone calls. He got sappy too at boot camp, I still have all the letters he sent me. They got to send out letters once a week, but he wrote them every day, so I would get a big ol' envelope every Thursday, that was my favorite day to check the mail.

You can do it!! The military community is really supportive and a great place to call home, IMO.
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:04 pm

jnavywife wrote:You can do it! You will have to learn patience if you don't have any now. Yes, the next time you see him will be graduation, there are no visits during boot camp. I don't know how different Army boot camp is from Navy, but I think I only talked to DH 2 or 3 times on the phone the whole time, so don't count on phone calls. He got sappy too at boot camp, I still have all the letters he sent me. They got to send out letters once a week, but he wrote them every day, so I would get a big ol' envelope every Thursday, that was my favorite day to check the mail.

You can do it!! The military community is really supportive and a great place to call home, IMO.

I'm not expecting many calls. A guy that I work with used to be in the Army and told us that he got a day pass one weekend and an over night pass another. I thought he said that was while he was in basic but I can't be 100% sure. I didn't believe him when he told me because all that seemed too good to be true. I can't wait for the first letter. I have already started writing him. And Connor has been coloring so I am going to send those when I get the address.
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Yeah, I wrote him everyday from the day he left and then send letters every couple of days. I was actually just talking to hubby about this last night and he said he didn't get weekend liberty until a month into his A-school (which is basically job training). That's Navy though, so I don't know how that will compare.
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Pfft, you want to talk about co-dependent? Ask Jeannette how bad I was when this deployment started and how I am now. ROFL

However I'm still struggling with the insomnia. Suspect

I know the first week, heck the first two weeks actually, are hard but after you get a few down and then slowly another week down they begin to snowball! Whatever you do, don't sit around and mope. FORCE yourself to go out and do stuff...shouldn't be too hard with spring drawing closer. hugs And if you ever have a bad day and just need someone to talk to we are here for you and feel free to send me a private message anytime you need to. Smile
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks for all the support and stories! I love reading everyone's experience. It feels like it is taking FOREVER but it is only day 2 and I haven't even signed up for this semester yet. Once I get that done and school starts, things will go faster.
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:11 am

School will make it fly by. You'll be able to be pre-occupied.

When my husband left for boot camp, I worked fulltime, went to college, and hit the gym EVERYDAY religiously. It just kept my mind clear.

Be optimistic. My mentality is that no matter how bad it sucks, it could always be worse!

Boot camp also strengthened our relationship. You learn to take things with a grain of salt. Everything that seemed so important suddenly isn't. We used to fight all the time. He was a pain in the ass and I was a nag. There came a time through boot camp that we both realized that we don't have alot of time together and that we need to enjoy each other when we have the opportunity. I still have a hard time swallowing my words but it's helped us out SO much. You don't realize how much you take for granted...
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 am

Jeannette wrote:School will make it fly by. You'll be able to be pre-occupied.

When my husband left for boot camp, I worked fulltime, went to college, and hit the gym EVERYDAY religiously. It just kept my mind clear.

Be optimistic. My mentality is that no matter how bad it sucks, it could always be worse!

Boot camp also strengthened our relationship. You learn to take things with a grain of salt. Everything that seemed so important suddenly isn't. We used to fight all the time. He was a pain in the ass and I was a nag. There came a time through boot camp that we both realized that we don't have alot of time together and that we need to enjoy each other when we have the opportunity. I still have a hard time swallowing my words but it's helped us out SO much. You don't realize how much you take for granted...

I agree I actually think our relationships are a great deal stronger than others BECAUSE we have been through this..... I mean think about it.... our relationships are built on getting to know each other through letters, etc..... rather than building on sex!!! (P.S. Jeannette we need a First day of him being gone 523146 smiley giggle) I mean soooooo many (not all) relationships are built on physical attraction alone nowadays.
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:00 pm

LaDonna wrote:
Jeannette wrote:School will make it fly by. You'll be able to be pre-occupied.

I agree I actually think our relationships are a great deal stronger than others BECAUSE we have been through this..... I mean think about it.... our relationships are built on getting to know each other through letters, etc..... rather than building on sex!!! (P.S. Jeannette we need a First day of him being gone 523146 smiley giggle) I mean soooooo many (not all) relationships are built on physical attraction alone nowadays.

Thats is actually all my husband was supposed to be when we first hooked up. He just never left First day of him being gone 762730 It turned out that after the 2nd week of us dating I couldn't imagine life without him. That was back in high school.

And I do think that military marriages and relationships are usually a lot stronger. I never thought about the letters being apart of that but it makes sense. I just noticed the relationships that make it (2 of my 3 friends in the marines have failed marriages Sad ) are stronger.
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Don't worry about the statistics or you'll kill yourself with worry.

My husband left for bootcamp on our 5-year "dating" anniversary. We've been together over 7 years now. We survived high school, college, careers, deployment, family...

If you have a "no fail" attitude... Like..."failure is not an option", and you work towards it...you'll be fine. The key is LOTS of communication.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:10 pm

[quote="Jeannette"]Don't worry about the statistics or you'll kill yourself with worry.

My husband left for bootcamp on our 5-year "dating" anniversary. We've been together over 7 years now. We survived high school, college, careers, deployment, family...

If you have a "no fail" attitude... Like..."failure is not an option", and you work towards it...you'll be fine. The key is LOTS of communication.[/quote]

This - EXACTLY!!!! Kenny and I have been married 7 years and together for 9..... this is what gets us through!
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Jeannette wrote:Don't worry about the statistics or you'll kill yourself with worry.

If you have a "no fail" attitude... Like..."failure is not an option", and you work towards it...you'll be fine. The key is LOTS of communication.

I am very stubborn. I won't let us fail Smile So far we sound like you. We've been together since high school. Though I don't have a career yet Sad But we have been together through college...
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:17 pm

That's awesome!

Ya...we've hit PLENTY of bumps along the way but it's been worth it. We both agree that neither one of us will be able to find another that will put up with either one of us. lol Wow that was like a tongue-twister..
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Yeah I like to say mine and Kenny's relationship is a dirt road rather than a paved one..... lots of bumps and bruising along the way.... but we still get where we need to be and we do it TOGETHER and that's what is important!
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:26 pm

LaDonna wrote:Yeah I like to say mine and Kenny's relationship is a dirt road rather than a paved one..... lots of bumps and bruising along the way.... but we still get where we need to be and we do it TOGETHER and that's what is important!

Do you listen to country music? Crap, now I can't remember the name of the song. Along the broken road? maybe... I have to go on a song hunt now...
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Jeannette wrote:That's awesome!

Ya...we've hit PLENTY of bumps along the way but it's been worth it. We both agree that neither one of us will be able to find another that will put up with either one of us. lol Wow that was like a tongue-twister..

First day of him being gone 65512 I had to re-read it. I told Chris that since there is the possibility that something may happen to him when he gets deployed First day of him being gone 228330 I want to be knocked up before he leaves Smile I want at least one more child but I cannot imagine having a kid with anyone else. Of course I may not get what I want but it got my point across to him.
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:32 pm

jmetz4 wrote:
LaDonna wrote:Yeah I like to say mine and Kenny's relationship is a dirt road rather than a paved one..... lots of bumps and bruising along the way.... but we still get where we need to be and we do it TOGETHER and that's what is important!

Do you listen to country music? Crap, now I can't remember the name of the song. Along the broken road? maybe... I have to go on a song hunt now...

Rascal Flatts - Bless the broken road. A good chunk of us on here are country music extraordinaires. teehee
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: