Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting shots?

4 posters

Go down

Confused Getting shots?

Post by JessiNicole Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:24 pm

I haven't gotten Ashton his shots since his 2 month check up. Not because I don't believe in them, blah blah. but because the first round made him SOO sick, the dr even recommended we wait until he was 6-ish months to start another round when he maybe wasn't so tiny... Okay soo that's where I've been a bad mommy and I've been to afraid to get him his shots since then, he's now 9 months. It hasn't been a problem because he hasn't been to any sort of daycare, just being cared for by family members. But we're moving soon and I am taking him to get shots before we move, but I'm afraid he'll be too behind w his shots schedule and they won't let him into daycare. I'm not sure what the exact law in NC is (Where we'll be moving) but i know in KY he's behind and that could keep him out of daycare.

Did anyone else not get there LO shots for whatever reason?? Do you think it'll be a problem? Just looking for some advice on what to do since I don't think my dr will be much help. TIA
JessiNicole
JessiNicole

http://milotown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Confused Re: Getting shots?

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:28 pm

They have to have a current up to date shot record to get into daycare here in NC.

Reese has had all his shots and never had a reaction (he was a preemie too so I think "to small" doesn't have anything to do with it) Probably has more to do with his reaction to the shots.

Talk to your doctor about doing only...two at a time. It might take a month or two to get them all done at that rate but you should be able to get two a week or something like that. Talk to your doctor and see.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Wesson had all of his shots, I was terrified to do them...I refused the Flu and Swine Flu ones...

But he's alright. I give Wes a big dose of Tylenol about an hour beforehand.

I "THINK" you can get waivers...especially if he had to hold off due to his first reaction. You would need something from the Pediatrician. Check with the daycare you're inquiring about...
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiNicole Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Tate wrote:They have to have a current up to date shot record to get into daycare here in NC.

Reese has had all his shots and never had a reaction (he was a preemie too so I think "to small" doesn't have anything to do with it) Probably has more to do with his reaction to the shots.

Talk to your doctor about doing only...two at a time. It might take a month or two to get them all done at that rate but you should be able to get two a week or something like that. Talk to your doctor and see.

yes, thats more what I meant. He had a terrible reaction Getting shots? Kopfschuettel and of course now I feel like a terrible mom for letting him get behind and waiting til the last minute to catch him up. But I'm going to check what we can work out for a shots schedule today. thanks. Smile
JessiNicole
JessiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiNicole Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Jeannette wrote:Wesson had all of his shots, I was terrified to do them...I refused the Flu and Swine Flu ones...

But he's alright. I give Wes a big dose of Tylenol about an hour beforehand.

I "THINK" you can get waivers...especially if he had to hold off due to his first reaction. You would need something from the Pediatrician. Check with the daycare you're inquiring about...

we're trying for the on base child care center, which means I really hold out no hope for exceptions
JessiNicole
JessiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:07 pm

Ahhhh. When are you moving to SJAFB? A bunch of us met there for the last get together...it's about an hour from me. Getting shots? 736228

Totally didn't mean to threadjack...just got excited. lol

We need a playdate with our boys!!!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:42 pm

You will have AT LEAST a 6 month wait to get your child into a daycare on base. BTDT.

Whoops thought you were talking about here at Camp Lejeuene lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiNicole Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Jeannette wrote:Ahhhh. When are you moving to SJAFB? A bunch of us met there for the last get together...it's about an hour from me. Getting shots? 736228

Totally didn't mean to threadjack...just got excited. lol

We need a playdate with our boys!!!

jump4joy I'm excited!! I love playdates! Ashton hasn't grasped the concept yet though lol.

Tate wrote:You will have AT LEAST a 6 month wait to get your child into a daycare on base. BTDT.

Whoops thought you were talking about here at Camp Lejeuene lol

oh.. .no SJAFB is what I was talking about but that does remind me that it's probably a good idea to check and make sure they have availabilities here anyways... I always forget the military world is nothing like the real world lol

I'm really mad that I didn't get to take him in today, I hate waiting when I really want to get stuff done, know what I mean? LOl.
JessiNicole
JessiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Waiting sucks. Sorry you couldnt get in today. In civilian day cares you should be able to use a waiver or get an exception (however that works) but I have no idea how an on base day care works. Good luck!
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Wesson has been in daycare for a few months so he's not too shabby with other babies. He just hates the one year olds. ROFL

A one year old came up and grabbed his toy so he started smacking him til the boy let go. LMAO

No one will punk my kid. Getting shots? 213115
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiNicole Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:23 pm

Jeannette wrote:Wesson has been in daycare for a few months so he's not too shabby with other babies. He just hates the one year olds. ROFL

A one year old came up and grabbed his toy so he started smacking him til the boy let go. LMAO

No one will punk my kid. Getting shots? 213115

Getting shots? 94699 he's got some spunk!! Razz
JessiNicole
JessiNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down