Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread

+6
jnavywife
MrsRoboto
Liz
Tate
Kala
Jeannette
10 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:14 pm

i need to get on earlier. Is anyone around??

Back to top Go down

The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 pm

I'm here!!! The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 669483
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:18 pm

YAYA!

whats new chica? hows the lil man?

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Jeannette wrote:How was the SNOWWWWW? lol

Freakout it was crazy! We got at least 6-8 inches one day and it was single digit temps. The roads were awful and it was sooo cold and it sucked!! I think I got accustomed to the warm weather, where is that now?
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:19 pm

He's doing real good! Has FOUR TEETH NOW!!! The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 514603

The top ones cut a couple days before christmas...oh boy!

I've been busy with work. Jon is home until Friday and then he has to fight about paternity leave. If he gets it, he'll be home for another 10 days...if not...it's back to seeing him on weekends.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:21 pm

jnavywife wrote:
Jeannette wrote:How was the SNOWWWWW? The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 213115

The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 991906 it was crazy! We got at least 6-8 inches one day and it was single digit temps. The roads were awful and it was sooo cold and it sucked!! I think I got accustomed to the warm weather, where is that now?

I know! I woke up and the radio said it was 18 DEGREES WITH A HIGH OF 35! I thought I moved to get AWAY from that crap! The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 94699

My dad always tells me to shut up when we're talking and I tell him our high's. lol It's been freezing this past week!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:22 pm

The whole weekends only thing sucks, I don't know how you do it. I hope he gets the paternity leave, it's only fair, but the military is rarely fair.
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Jess- I hear ya on the snow and the cold weather. I love it down here. I told Kev we are never leaving lol, I'm way to spoiled with the weather down here. Everytime I go home(turkey day and X-mas) I got sick! I hate it up there!

Jeannette- I really hope he gets it!! every weekend sucks, but at least it's better then nothing at all... The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 253469

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:24 pm

jnavywife wrote:The whole weekends only thing sucks, I don't know how you do it. I hope he gets the paternity leave, it's only fair, but the military is rarely fair.

Ya...I'm ok either way ya know...

They told him while he was on deployment inquiring about it, that I would have had to have the baby within 6 months of their return. So...we'll see.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:33 pm

jeannette i'm confused. can you explain? is this b/c of wesson? or are you preggers again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Ya it's because of Wesson. I had him right before they left, and it was a 7 month deployment. He never got any extra days off since it was so close to them leaving. So...they said that for Jon to qualify for the paternity leave, I would have had to have Wesson within 6 months of their return in December.

Edit It goes by command though I guess. They can do what they feel. The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 6993

And no...definitely not pregnant again! Oh boy. The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 991906
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:51 pm

so the guys can get paternity leave? I had no idea. That is really confusing and messed up. So b/c you had wesson before they left they might not give the leave to him?

kev gets deployed May, I'm due end of June. but suposedly guys from his company have been coming home for 2weeks for the birth of thier child... I'll believe it when I see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Ya they typically get allowed 10 days of paternity leave. BUT...it's all based on what kind of mood the command is in.

Someone in his company might have been able to go back for the birth but maybe she/baby were high-risk and they were able to get him home. Transportation isn't always available for that kinda stuff.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best. Now what I have heard (depending on where he's going), is that they're allowing guys to webcam with their wives so they can see wife/baby. A girl on here (MRS OE) is having her baby in March(?) and I think that's what she was told.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:10 pm

i always plan for the worst and hope for the best! This wasn't just one guy though, it's a bunch of guys from different companys. I know it really depends on if they are on a mission or not. If he can't come home I would at least hope for webcam time. But nothing is certain until it happens lol.... I can't wait to get the hell out. We are so tired of everything in our lives being controled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:14 pm

How much longer til the big EAS?

We've got December 2011.

Boooooo.

Hopefully you get webcam time!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Our EAS is August 2011 I is scared for us to not be in the military. Neutral My eye balls hurt from staring at the screen so long this morning Sad I've been working on my moms website for her campaign and my eyballs are tired of it lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:27 pm

I would like for us to stay in. He's so against it though... I don't know what we're going to do. I think we're going to take a hard hit on our marriage when he gets out and is home 24/7...and is reintroduced into the real world again.

lol Yay for your mom's website! Your eyeballs hurt for a good cause! giggle
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 pm

our EAS is March 2012 Sad not soon enough, lucky ducks are in a year!

a few of my family members are in the Secret Service so he's going to apply for a position. Kev has to have a job set up before we get out though. Especially with a child now we need the security. The military gives a lot of security, but it's not worth Kev's life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:39 pm

I don't know what Jon is going to do. He did Tool and Die before he joined...and he wants to go back to it but...there's no fricken jobs in that field! The economy went to hell in manufacturing and he has no idea. He's had his head in the clouds because the barracks are his home so it's going to be quite the rude awakening seeing him in the real world... Sigh. He seriously thinks everything is hunky dory. Agh.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:47 pm

tool and die?

yea I heard the adjustment is difficult from military life to civi world. Just make sure he tries for at least a year. That is our rule for when we're out. some guys give it a month or two and are back in the military. Kev is miserable being in, I hate seeing like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:50 pm

Ya, he makes tools used to produce products... Metal stuff.

He makes tools, jigs, fixtures, dies, molds. It's like...he makes that ONE part that is used a billion times to make many parts. Think like...a plastic mold...but more advanced, and metal. lol

We're already fighting about what to do now. Our lease is up in March and HE can't make up his mind if we're buying a house, renewing our lease, or moving to Jacksonville. I'm inclined to move, because I need the help, but we'd be losing my income, and he's fighting it. But, if he officially gets kicked out of the barracks (they're out of room for geobachelors), we have no choice. But I can't just wait around to find out what happens...I need a damn answer so I can start planning/looking! GAAH The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 29 42726
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:00 pm

yea it's impossible to plan anyting in advance in the military... one of millions of reason I hate this shit.

Kev wants to buy a home when he gets back... and I'm like "WTF for?! we'll only be here for 1 1/2" Then we have to worry about buying a home in DC(if hegets his new dream job) and the home we own down here? I don't want that stress. I want to live a simple uncomplex life... owning two homes is not simple.

Kev was staying in the barracks when he first got to NC. He was only suppose to be there for two weeks and was there for 3 months lol. He would take all his stuff and put it in his car every morning incase he came back and some guy was given his room b/c he wasnt even suppose to be there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:05 pm

I'd be more able to adjust if I knew exactly what the hell he wanted to do. I tend to lead a simple life...and then my husband complicates it. ROFL

Jon told me he's going to stay in the barracks as long as possible...and if need-be, he has buddies out in town for a temporary place. BUT...what the hell am I supposed to do in the meantime?! I do NOT want to renew this friggen lease! For what we're paying, we can pay a mortgage!

AHHH. Freakout

I don't know if it's me, or him, but I'm so irritated at this!!!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Ang - I tell every sailor I see here the same thing, Camp Lejeune does not equal the rest of the fleet or Navy life. It's completely different, 180 from a Navy base. Will Kev be able to PCS before his EAS or is his EAS the same as his orders here? He could completely change his mind at a Navy base.

I love the stability of the military, I can't even comprehend getting out at this point, of course I'm about to get in, so I guess that's a good thing. We are going to milk the government for everything we can get, lol.

Jeannette - that would make me nuts too. I hope you can convince Jon to make a damn decision!
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:16 pm

I just got a mortgage broker and a realtor from my coworker. I'm going to discuss this stuff with Jon one more time tonight before I make a phone call.

Wesson needs a stable place to live. And I'm not paying as much as I am for RENT!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next