Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Some Advice...

3 posters

Go down

Need Some Advice... Empty Need Some Advice...

Post by mobiliot Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:43 pm

So like I had mentioned in my previous topic, this is my first deployment experience with my boyfriend ever. We recently passed the 2 week mark (yay!) but in that short amount of time a lot has happened with my family. I'll spare you all the details, but things have gotten rough on the home front, real rough. Of course I usually have him to talk to, but now that is not the case. And even if he were available, I would not let him in to the extent of how badly things were. He has a job to do, and he does not need to worry about my problems back home. So although I let him slightly in to the situations back here, I assured him that everything was fine, told him I had it under control, and spared MANY of the details of what actually happened to as not to worry him. And it worked.

Of course there will be time for catching up later, but how do all of you handle having to put your real life to the side whenever they call? Because for them, we need to remain strong. I need to remain supportive, not another reason for him to be stressed. And I am absolutely fine with that, I want to be that strength for him. My concern is about when he comes home (which believe me..is a lonnnnggggg way away) will there be distance between him and I because of how much we cannot reveal to each other, and the things we've been through, how those experiences changed us, how we coped...etc...how does a relationship recover from not being able to share the onset, handling, and overcoming of our day to day lives?

Okay, I understand I'm having a moment, and a lot of this is pure word vomit..but humor me!! haha..It's a long time. I'm just going through the irrational-fear-state of mind in which I hope he still loves me the same way when he comes home, despite the ways I may change (him as well) and the reasons WHY I made those changes for reasons he was not there to see.

Am i being crazy??? Please tell me if I am!!hahaha...or have any of you had these types of feelings too while your significant other was deployed?

Help Sad

mobiliot

Back to top Go down

Need Some Advice... Empty Re: Need Some Advice...

Post by Tate Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:25 pm

My DH was deployed for 7 months. When he came home it was like nothing ever changed. We picked right up where we had left off. I worried to death the week before he came home that the house wouldn't be clean enough, that he wouldn't like those new curtains that I bought, the bath towels weren't fluffy enough, or maybe I bought the wrong body wash for him, maybe I didn't loose enough weight while he was gone, or he wouldn't like my hair cut etc. etc. etc. but when he stepped off that bus it was like he never left. Of course there was alot of emotions but by the next day it was back to "normal".

I hate to hear things are rough at home. I hope things start to look up for you! There will always be a time later to feel each other in and by then it might not be a big deal! Hang in there!
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mobiliot Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:05 am

Thank you, I appreciate the advice! I'm just so new to this, I guess I get nervous...

mobiliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:11 am

Just like Tate's husband, mine was deployed for 7 months and when he got back things just picked up right where we left off. It's easy to let yourself worry about things that he's missing, but when he gets home you'll be able to fill each other in and get back to normal. Hopefully by the time he gets home things at home will be settled and you won't have to worry about it! I'm sorry it's been a rough week. Sometimes you have to have a rough week here and there to help you realize how nice you really have it! Smile Hope you have a good weekend!!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down