Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread

+7
Liz
MrsRoboto
Kelly
Kala
joeyswife3108
Jeannette
Tate
11 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Eventually we will own a place that has land. This has a nice big back yard but it backs up to a pond and it rains a bunch it floods part of the yard (so of course we are going to build that area up so it doesn't flood as easy).

We have all the appliances but I guess these people were midget old folks because I am taller than the fridge. They left the washer and dryer but one of them doesn't work (easy fix probably something my grandpaw can fix and we won't lose any money) We don't want to buy anything new yet since we won't be living there. We have a washer and dryer here.

We plan on buying/building a shed but then again my grandpaw is right up the hill and he has a shed that is almost the same size of his house (he tried to convince us to move into his house and he would move in to his shed...thats how HUGE it is lol)
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread

Post by Kala Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:21 pm

sounds like a good idea to me Tate! lol

So I just got off the phone with my grandpa [he and my grandma are divorced] and we were talking about buying a house. He was basically like go for it. I will go with you guys and look at the things that should be looked at. He is the king of flipping houses. He has probably bought about 15+ houses in his lifetime. He made me feel good again about our decision and what not. I think my other family members just worry a little too much and try to control everything that we do.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Yeah I know how you feel. I've lived in 6 houses growing up from moving in flipping and moving on to the next one lol then there were some we flipped that we don't live in my parents also have rental properties as well. I have a lot more faith in my parents advice than my in-laws..while I love them I don't think we are "to young" to own a house...John hasn't even told his mom that they accepted our offer. She is just SO negative and gets John all negative and down.

My grandpa went with us to the houses to look too! He knows when things seem "off" or if something is broken if its "fixable" or not worth the time. It helps that my mom was a real estate agent..she knows what things "cost" and how things work. I'm confident that we can afford $500 in mortgage when we pay $800 right now.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:39 pm

I want an old cheap house that I can flip...but I wanna live in it. lol

I need a fixer upper. And old house with CHARACTER!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:39 pm

yeah, that is exactly how I feel!! Our rent is $900 plus utilities. We aren't stupid with our money as it is and we have plenty saved up. I just think that they feel since he's 22 and I'm 20[almost] that we blow our money and haven't thought about our future. They never had anything like that at their age, so why should we?! GAHH.

lol
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Ah ya. My inlaws are similar. They don't think we understand what we're getting into.

Trust me...we don't have a brand spankin new car/truck and a big fancy gaming console for a reason. We're SAVING FOR BIGGER THINGS!!!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Exactly. We have his truck almost paid off, and my car is paid off. We have a few nice electronics, but nothing outrageous. We save save save. At least we have each other for support.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Yep. You guys will be more than fine. Since you're from Ohio, you already know the typical costs for bills...you'll be fine.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Ha...we do have a Jeep we are paying on..but we aren't in over our head. I think the mother in law's problem is that she didn't have anything like that at her age...and she doesn't think we can have something like that at our age. But whatever.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Tate wrote:Ha...we do have a Jeep we are paying on..but we aren't in over our head. I think the mother in law's problem is that she didn't have anything like that at her age...and she doesn't think we can have something like that at our age. But whatever.

This is MY MIL's problem. I sometimes feel like she doesn't have faith in us that we can handle it.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:00 pm

And I'm laughing out loud about Liz. LMAO
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Yeah, that's how my gram and mom feel.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:04 pm

funny random moment - - - I'm sitting on the sofa listening to Sibel snore [ its more of a snorting sound lol ]
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:05 pm

Aw Missy snores some times...she breaths loud all the time...but she does snore sometimes especially if shes had "such a hard day" LMAO

yeah Liz didn't think we were to funny Jeannette!
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:06 pm

Both my dogs snore. It's hysterical. lol I'll get up from my bed and go..."What the hell is that noise?" On the loveseat is Lady, the couch is Gunny. lol

-----

With Liz....I had to. ROFL
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:07 pm

lol I can't believe she didn't say anything (Liz I can't believe you didn't give those Army recruiters a ear full!)
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:13 pm

I thought ya'll were funny lol Maybe she didn't see it.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:14 pm

She probably signed off too soon. Liz and all her busy-ness. Too busy nowadays. lol

JK...I love you and MISS YOUUUUU. sadeyes
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:14 pm

I know...its so lonely without Liz lately. Sad
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 pm

It really is. sadeyes
&& Tammy & Melissa have been mia too.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:19 pm

I know. Where are they?! Freakout

And Angie?!

I want to know about her pregnancy! lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 pm

They don't love us anymore Sad
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Apparently so... Irked

lol

Kidding. You guys can come back now! lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm

A. Anyone who say's you're too young to buy a house is crazy. It's a freaking fantastic investment as long as you know you're budget.

B. Angie is in PA right now because her grandmother died. Sad She got there just before she passed though and got to say goodbye. She will be back on Sunday.

C. I miss Tammy and Melissa too!

D. Jeannette - are we still going to the battleship on Saturday, you're ignoring my text!

E. I am running my final PRT tonight with the DEP kids at the enlisted recruiting station here, hehe. I can't wait to run it with the kiddos. Gosh, I am so old! lol
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Yes we can go Saturday!

I made plans to be down in Jax on Sunday...I'm hoping I can switch them to Saturday so I don't have to go twice. teehee (MRS OE from here had her baby). lol

You're not old!
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next