Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some wives have lost their damn minds...continued from FB.

+4
JessiNicole
Tate
Kala
Jeannette
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some wives have lost their damn minds...continued from FB. - Page 2 Empty Re: Some wives have lost their damn minds...continued from FB.

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:33 pm

If your husband signed you up for the email list he might have put HIS email down.

That is what my husband did...my FRO had all our information wrong. Make sure they have all your information correct. That usually helps in the communication lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Some wives have lost their damn minds...continued from FB. - Page 2 Empty Re: Some wives have lost their damn minds...continued from FB.

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Ya I don't know...

I've received emails from him since the spouse meeting from before the last deployment...

Wouldn't hurt to drop a line and ask about it, referencing that letter you mentioned.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Tate wrote:If your husband signed you up for the email list he might have put HIS email down.

That is what my husband did...my FRO had all our information wrong. Make sure they have all your information correct. That usually helps in the communication lol
Good point! My husband has a habit of doing that. He can never remember my info so he just gives out his. I'll have to ask him.

I'm trying to be general in writing the email since I don't want him to take it as I'm telling on someone. From what other wives have told me, that's the only time he likes to step in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:41 pm

See so don't blame the FRO it might have not been his fault you weren't getting the emails! Might have been that silly husband of yours for giving him the wrong info!
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

heartbreak_beat wrote:
Tate wrote:If your husband signed you up for the email list he might have put HIS email down.

Good point! My husband has a habit of doing that. He can never remember my info so he just gives out his. I'll have to ask him.

I'm trying to be general in writing the email since I don't want him to take it as I'm telling on someone. From what other wives have told me, that's the only time he likes to step in.

Nah, I've emailed back and forth with him a couple of times regarding the group I made and he's rather pleasant. He probably doesn't respond to everyone timely because I'm sure he gets alot of..."ZOMG I stubbed my toe...send him home." ...type emails. ROFL
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm

I figured out why neither of us got it. The emails are from the Navy's FRG, not the Marines.
I'm still emailing him to ask why this information wasn't shared with the rest of us. You'd think that they'd talk to each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Ahhh!

Damn Navy! lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:57 pm

LOL! Yup, said that before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:58 pm

Don't you know the motto?

Marines are the first to go, last to know? lol

Jon refers to himself as a mushroom... Kept in the dark and fed crap every once in a while. LMAO
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:05 pm

LOL!
I've never heard that before! Makes sense though.
Ryan keeps telling me he hasn't heard anything, so I think this makes him a mushroom with a bs allergy lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:08 pm

No No No...Ryan is definitely a mushroom, but not with a bs allergy. I ALWAYS know more than Jon. ALWAYS. lol

I knew when he was coming home from last deployment before he did. LMAO
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

LOL!
I never know anything, unless I check facebook or someone texts me. Then I'll tell Ryan and he'll be like "Oh, I already knew that...". Uh-huh. Sometimes I think he likes to feed me his own special crap, but most of the time I don't know a thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:12 pm

There was a post on another site (a mom's site. Some of you may know it) where the woman had this full blown rant about her husband leaving to go to Hati. I could understand her being upset until she started saying she would rather he be in Afghanistan. I would rather Chris be deployed to Hati. But thats just me...
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:15 pm

lol I can't imagine saying "Oh I'd rather he be in Afghanistan" thats ridiculous!

I'd much rather my husband be some where that they NEED help and WANT help. (Well Afghans need help too but you know what I mean).
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:23 pm

When they first got to Haiti, everyone was worried about how hostile the Haitians would actually be and if the Marines would actually have to shoot at them. I know that my husband would rather be in a situation where he was being shot at than having to shoot at a group of innocent people who are frustrated and just reacting.
I'm so happy that it didn't come down to that, but I can understand that woman's reasoning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah...I still can't understand that womans reasoning. Its pretty much the same difference.

The thing is Marines can't shoot at people unless they are being threated...so the chances of them shooting at the Haitians are very low.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Tate wrote:Yeah...I still can't understand that womans reasoning. Its pretty much the same difference.

The thing is Marines can't shoot at people unless they are being threated...so the chances of them shooting at the Haitians are very low.
I don't understand how it's the "same difference". I don't think my husband could get over having to shoot at someone who he was sent to help rather than someone who was just shooting at him.

With the Haitians, you have mass panic. Everyone has the same need; water and food. The only thing standing between them and what they need is a line of Marines and some UN workers. Once hostile person could have turned the group in a second flat, and I think, in a situation like that, the last thing those people are going to be doing is listening to a few people yelling at them to call down. I can see how it can escalate into the need to use deadly force.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:00 pm

They can't use deadly force unless they are being threated...a bunch of angry Haitians with no weapons are not what the Marines consider "being threated". Might be a few fist thrown or something but unless that Marine gets out of hand and decides to shoot them (which he would probably get kicked out of the military for) then I doubt he would be shooting them.

Its okay we have different views. We agree to disagree.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Tate wrote:Its okay we have different views. We agree to disagree.
*shakes on it*
I'm just going with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:53 pm

heartbreak_beat wrote:When they first got to Haiti, everyone was worried about how hostile the Haitians would actually be and if the Marines would actually have to shoot at them. I know that my husband would rather be in a situation where he was being shot at than having to shoot at a group of innocent people who are frustrated and just reacting.
I'm so happy that it didn't come down to that, but I can understand that woman's reasoning.

I would completely understand if that was her reasoning. That makes sense. But she would rather him be in a war zone flat out. And when people asked why, she would flip! I left that post and never went back. It was odd...
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsRoboto Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:00 pm

jmetz4 wrote:
heartbreak_beat wrote:When they first got to Haiti, everyone was worried about how hostile the Haitians would actually be and if the Marines would actually have to shoot at them. I know that my husband would rather be in a situation where he was being shot at than having to shoot at a group of innocent people who are frustrated and just reacting.

I would completely understand if that was her reasoning. That makes sense. But she would rather him be in a war zone flat out. And when people asked why, she would flip! I left that post and never went back. It was odd...

My jaw hit the floor reading what you wrote. I have no idea what site that is, but that's crazy.

I think there is a big difference between bitching and complaining to your friends, your mom, your MIL, and whoever else over the phone, in person, or even on here in the restricted areas and bitching and complaining on a facebook group and inviting people to join. I understand the need to vent. It's just not a smart idea. People get waaaaay too butt hurt when they see they're being put on blast for the world to see.
MrsRoboto
MrsRoboto

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:57 pm

Meh. People are stooopid.
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2