Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My In Laws

5 posters

Go down

Upset My In Laws

Post by LaDonna Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

I'm soooooo frustrated right now..... so the in-laws ..... long story short..... have pretty much said in past conversations that they don't want to be involved in DD's life any more than they already do.... which is pretty much non-existent.....

I don't believe they have seen DD in a social setting since January. Keep in mind, they live about 15 minutes away.....

There has been a lot of arguments saying that I don't let them see DD and that I try to tell them how to be grandparents.... blah blah blah.... but the thing is, they NEVER call to see how she is doing, they never ask to come for a visit, or for us to bring her over..... they would rather go up to the daycare and sit in the classroom for 3 hours than spend some quality one-on-one time with their grand-daughter and I'm sorry but this pisses me off..... DD DESERVES to have some one-on-one time with her grandparents and not be forced to share them with a classroom full of kids.....

Well that's just history..... today.... they sent DD a Valentine gift - mind you, didn't ask me to bring DD over so they could give it to her themselves.... just sent it to her..... so I write on their facebook page, "thank you blah blah if you want to see her, we'd love to visit, blah blah" so they write back..... "we'll take her this sunday" didn't ask.... just told me...... so I write back "I'm sorry but I already scheduled a playdate for sunday".......

So they call DH and tell him to tell me to CANCEL my plans so that they can see DD....... HELLLLLLL FREAAAKIN NOOOOOOOO!!! My In Laws 312967

Just because you are sucky grandparents of the year, does not mean that I will cancel my plans because you finally want to see your grandchild.... Just call me Queen Bitch, it isn't going to happen. DH is like, "why, we can finally have a date" sorry babe, I would LOVE to have a date with you but it's the principal of the matter...... do not tell me to cancel my plans because you finally want to put up an effort.... NO WAY!

Am I'm going overboard or do you agree??? I just can't believe they told my husband to tell me to cancel my plans!!!!!!!! My In Laws 531955

Here's a thought..... why don't we go ahead and schedule something for the other two days you have off work this week or next week.... you know, plan ahead! Then maybe it'll all work out!
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Upset Re: My In Laws

Post by Shaunna Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:02 am

I agree they should have asked. I would get on the phone and tell them that. First come first serve with DD....thats my rule if you want to see the grandbabies ask and if the schedule is clear.
Shaunna
Shaunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannette Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:19 am

I don't like your inlaws. lol

I agree with you. You have prior commitments and you can't just shove them aside because ALL OF A SUDDEN they want to see her.

Grrrrr.
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:20 am

Jeannette wrote:I don't like your inlaws. lol

I agree with you. You have prior commitments and you can't just shove them aside because ALL OF A SUDDEN they want to see her.

Grrrrr.

you and me both!
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 am

Yep I totally agree with you.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:51 am

I completely agree with you. Sorry you and DH won't be getting a date but I would be so mad if my inlaws (I have 2 sets) did that.
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by LaDonna Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:07 am

I could really use the little smiley that throws her hands up in the air and yells "gaah" right now! Very Happy
LaDonna
LaDonna

Back to top Go down

Post by jmetz4 Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:30 am

That smiley would be awesome! Especially since thats what I yell in real life My In Laws 213115
jmetz4
jmetz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down