Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh jeez. Today requires another vent.

4 posters

Go down

Oh jeez. Today requires another vent. Empty Oh jeez. Today requires another vent.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:25 pm

K was irresponsible and didn't get all his paperwork taken care of before he left. It wasn't a huge issue until September, when his brother [who is using K's car while he's gone] emailed me to let me know the plates expired THAT MONTH. Gee, thanks.

So I told K. He finally started the process to get POA paperwork. Except there isn't a JAG office, or anything remotely close at the little base he was at before, so it took him a month before the paperwork was even complete. October 10th, he mailed the paperwork.

I got it today. The back page, the one that has his car information? He didn't sign it at all. The spot he was supposed to sign was signed by the notary, and his signature is nowhere on the page.

I just waited 6 weeks and 3 days [yes, that's how long it's been since it was mailed] for a worthless piece of paper. His renewal for his insurance is due next month. Guess whose paperwork won't be in on time? There's just no way.

And if this messes up my homecoming plans, I will be more than irritated. I was planning on flying into DC and driving his car back down, because I don't want his brother bringing it down and ruining the weekend. If I don't have all the registration paperwork by then, all hell will break loose. Irked

Back to top Go down

Oh jeez. Today requires another vent. Empty Re: Oh jeez. Today requires another vent.

Post by MrsRoboto Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:35 pm

hugs Wow, that stinks. At least this time he can just sign it and send it back. Hopefully it will be faster!
MrsRoboto
MrsRoboto

Back to top Go down

Oh jeez. Today requires another vent. Empty Re: Oh jeez. Today requires another vent.

Post by Jeannette Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:32 am

I didn't need a POA to renew my husbands plates... I just called the DMV and said,"We're military, he's gone, I need stickers." And they sent them for the both of us.

As far as the insurance, do you guys go through USAA? You can just handle that stuff online...

Out of about a year, I've only needed his POA once, and it was to cash a check. The bank lady knew us so she just shrugged and said...Okedoke. lol
Jeannette
Jeannette
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.militarysupportsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Really? Hmmm... :thinking I think at least one of the reasons I need it is because they have to waive the emissions test this year [since we didn't get one last year]. It's not just paperwork on my end. They require paperwork signed by him and his command, then he has to send that in, they send him more paperwork to be signed again at the address he provided, and I have to present that in person with the POA to get everything taken care of. Freakout

And I called USAA yesterday to tell them what had happened, since it's a "Consent to Rate" paper, or something for the state that has to be signed. The guy said no, they have to have an actual signature on file, and since his renewal is Christmas Eve, it has to be in no later than that date, or his insurance will be suspended. I can't sign now because the POA paperwork is all wrong. Freakout

I wish it was just that I could send the paperwork in and he could sign somewhere and send it back. But the notary signed on the line that K was supposed to, so they need a whole new form.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Yeah USAA is stickler with their POA's. Every time I call they check to see if he has a POA on his account for me.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Don't know what to tell you , but hope it all works out!

I've never had trouble with USAA either. I just call and say it's for my husband, and they have never given me any guff. dunno
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down