Military Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread

+6
jnavywife
MrsRoboto
Liz
Tate
Kala
Jeannette
10 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread

Post by Guest Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:14 am

Where do you work Kala? I need a job lol any chance they need a new girl?

Back to top Go down

The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Jacksonville NC Girls Thread

Post by jnavywife Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Angie! Welcome!

So I took the pup today to the vet to get his stitches out and they said he's doing great, like really great! The vet said she expects them to be at about 20-50% of their total ability at 2 weeks post op and he was about 75-80%. He still has to be confined, but he's healing really well and should make a great recovery. Yay!
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:52 pm

You sooo don't wanna work where I do. You will have no life!!!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:01 pm

jnavywife wrote:Angie! Welcome!

So I took the pup today to the vet to get his stitches out and they said he's doing great, like really great! The vet said she expects them to be at about 20-50% of their total ability at 2 weeks post op and he was about 75-80%. He still has to be confined, but he's healing really well and should make a great recovery. Yay!
Thats GREAT Jess!
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:37 am

Terrible homecoming story, I guess the end was good, he did finally get home, but....

So my friend Megan's hub was on the 22nd MEU, on the same ship as Jeannette's and came home yesterday too. He was tasked though as a driver, meaning last off the ship to take all the gear back. So that put him at the last homecoming time, which was supposed to be 4:30-6:30. Megan and her MIL got food poisoning, so she's been throwing up all day, but manages to get herself ready and out to the homecoming and not puke the rest of the day. We got there about 4 as they were told.

We stood around and waited for a while and about 4:30 they said one of the LCATs had broken down and they were trying to fix it. At 5 they said it was broken and they were moving the gear to another one, but with one down, homecoming was being pushed to 9. Blech. So we went over to the exchange, warmed up, sat around, ate (everyone except Megan, who was still pretty sick.

We actually sent home the in-laws and her baby boy because he had had surgery a few days before to have tubes in, so he did not need to be out waiting around in the cold for hours. It was me, Megan and Meg at this point.

Then we go back to the homecoming site and her DH calls from the ship, they haven't even left the ship, it will be probably 10 or 11. The FRO says he really doesn't know, they are still counting on 9, but it could be later. It's 8pm at this point. So we decide to stay and let our friend Meg go home with her little boy and we were going to wait, just in case they got their at 9.

9 comes and goes, and about that time they said another company was on it's way back. They ended up getting there a little after 10, but there were still about 15 guys, Megan's hub included that were still stuck. About 11 he said they were leaving, but they were driving everything from the beach and had to check in at the armory and motor T. They finally got to hug and kiss about 11:45 and there was no fanfare, just rain and Megan felt like she was going to puke again.

He had to do a safety briefing and grab his gear still, we didn't roll out of there until about 12:30. It was terrible and anti-climatic and I couldn't even get any pics for them. Sad

If you got through all of that, God bless you. I just felt so bad for her, it was such a terrible time in the cold and the rain and she was sick and all she wanted was her husband home.
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsRoboto Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:59 am

Awww, how sad. Sad At least he's home, but that poor girl! I would have been really upset if that was me.
MrsRoboto
MrsRoboto

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:32 am

Aw yeah sometimes Homecomings aren't as glorious as they are made out to be. It was misting at Johns homecoming. He was supposed to get in at around 8 but didn't get there until 11:30 because the planes landing gear messed up. Needless to say we just hugged and got the gear and got out of there. With the cold and mist it wasn't glorious but even through all that I found happiness that my husband was home and safe!
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:09 pm

Yeah Tate, that's pretty much how it was last night, just throw in that Megan wanted to puke the whole time.

I'm sure she's happier today for the husband to be home, but last night all she wanted was to go home and lay down, she felt so bad.
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:24 pm

I can't imagine going to homecoming wanting to throw up! I think I would have just stayed at home and told him to meet me at home lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Tate wrote:I can't imagine going to homecoming wanting to throw up! I think I would have just stayed at home and told him to meet me at home lol

The last couple of hours we kept saying, lets just go home, he can take a cab right? Haha, that would suck though, so we stayed. She was so miserable, poor thing. She kept telling me she would take me back to her house so I could go home (we carpooled) and I told her no, I didn't want her sitting there miserable all alone.

He bought her a sweater and new bra in our trip to the exchange. lol We figured he owed her that much with making us wait so long.
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:40 pm

It rained at our homecoming too. It stopped for like 20 minutes, long enough for them to march in, chaos, finding each other, getting a few pics, and then it started raining again.. lol
I'm soo glad that they have their hubbys back happydance!!!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:58 pm

jnavywife wrote:
Tate wrote:I can't imagine going to homecoming wanting to throw up! I think I would have just stayed at home and told him to meet me at home lol

The last couple of hours we kept saying, lets just go home, he can take a cab right? Haha, that would suck though, so we stayed. She was so miserable, poor thing. She kept telling me she would take me back to her house so I could go home (we carpooled) and I told her no, I didn't want her sitting there miserable all alone.

He bought her a sweater and new bra in our trip to the exchange. lol We figured he owed her that much with making us wait so long.
lol Thats right a sweater and a bra makes it all better.
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:36 pm

where should we go out to eat?!
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Piesano's. Mmmmmm...hole in the wall Italian...lol
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:48 pm

I had left over taco meat with cheese and cream cheese (we were out of sour cream lol) and then ate it with chips...so basically nachos. Oh and a glass of chocolate milk.

If I had to pick a place to eat...I'd pick Applebee's. lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Kala wrote:where should we go out to eat?!

We're going to Texas Roadhouse tonight. happydance
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:52 pm

jnavywife wrote:

Thier is a change of plans mumble . We are going to Ole Chicago in Wilmington. KEv says it's really good, but I'm craving TRH's buns/spread! I'll call/text you soon since your not on.

Back to top Go down

Post by jnavywife Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Angelina wrote:
jnavywife wrote:

Thier is a change of plans mumble . We are going to Ole Chicago in Wilmington. KEv says it's really good, but I'm craving TRH's buns/spread! I'll call/text you soon since your not on.

It's ok, I love Old C's too! You haven't been eh? We used to go all the time in CO, they are awesome and have TONS of beer, yummy, yummy beer. happydance
jnavywife
jnavywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:21 pm

Old Chicago is awesome. Mmmmmm...Old Chicago pizza...
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:25 pm

buttitch what's Old Chicago's?? obviously its pizza, but I have never heard of it.
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:06 pm

The first time I heard about it was on MSOS but I've never actually seen one or ate at one or anything of the like lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:15 pm

We ended up having Chili's, and it was too good. Sad
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:16 pm

and danggggg, I need to catch up on posting lol Tate and Liz are in the 500's almost 600's.....
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tate Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:58 am

I was excited when I had more post than Liz lol
Tate
Tate
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:26 am

DOn't get too excited there! I can catch up again! lol
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next